Skip to content
Maintankadin

Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Dianora
Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Magisters' Terrace 2nd Boss Vexallus made easy

Apparently the bug that Blizzard isn't fixing anytime soon with FelRage in Bloodboil encounter can be use advantageously in fight against boss #2 Vexallus in Magisters' Terrace.

The Felrage bug goes like this, if you get the felrage buff/debuff, and you're standing under something that'll prevent you from growing to full height of the effect, the buff/debuff is canceled.

In the case of Vexallus, there are 2 candlestick just below the staircase to the boss. If you have range dps standing right under the candlestick, they cannot grow to the full height, thus the buff/debuff is canceled.

For someone who've run this instance 15 times (last time was 3 alts, 2 mains nightmare, we end up gearing the alt shaman healer with EVERY single piece of the drop), this is something interesting to considered to speed thing up a bit.
_________________

Sparti
Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:35 pm
I've heard that exploit discussed before, and while the fight can be somewhat difficult, to be honest I've not had any problems with it on heroic. It seems to be pretty simple, kill enough of the orbs until consecrate kills them, then once you hit 5 or 6 debuffs you bubble. Bam, dead.
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sweeney
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:35 pm
I've noticed Pure Energy not dying to AOE damage, so I do believe that's how it works. On the runs where I wanted to get some of the debuffs I manually targeted them and swung.

I personally don't like cheesing the candelabras, but if you can't get him down otherwise it's worth considering.

Another tip I found useful: When he's doing his Overload effect before he dies, you can bubble up. (Any paladins can bubble, since when he is AOEing at the end he doesn't do anything else.) Having fewer people to heal helps, especially since if your healer's a pally (who have trouble with groupwide damage) you're both safe.
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Garov
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:45 pm
I'm not so sure about consecrate not affecting the sparks. I've stopped consecrating on this fight and notice I take a ton less damage because I'm not debuffed. Maybe consecrate isn't damaging them but is causing them to throw themselves on my holy shield/ret aura?
I don't really have the answer, but me not consecrating during this fight has made a noticeable difference for me.

I have a love/hate relationship with this boss. I absolutely hate killing him. But every group I've been in that wipes to him will cream the priestess fight without breaking a sweat.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:33 am
Hm, are you guys sure it doesn't work? Because sometimes they die, and I get the debuff, and I was actively judging the boss, attacking the boss, everything. The only thing I have that could hit them is consecration.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Mortehl
Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:52 am
1) 100% Absolutely positively NO AOE EFFECTS THE ENERGY. Period. The end. Nada. Not TC, Not consecrate, not seed, not hellfire, nada. Tab target and kill.

2) The bug which cancels the debuff is the (ironically enough) anti-hack mechanism put in place forever and a day ago from some vanilla wow instances.

3) You can even tank him with yourself against any wall in the room, tab target the energies and kill them then have the same thing happen to you.

Now this DOES speed up the fight because the intended way to deal with this boss is to dps 15%, wait for the debuff to wear off, wash rinse and repeat. It lengthens a 30 second boss fight into a 3-4 minute fight.
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Snake-Aes
Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:24 am
I could reply exactly what I've done already and finish with "You'll see that I'm right" too, but that'd be destructive. I'm going to parse a combat log of that asshole of a boss. I'm getting that debuff every now and then and the only thing that could possibly hit them is consecration. I'm as certain that it works as you are that it doesn't.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)