The first heroic I ever did on my paladin was a few days ago. I taked Heroic Arc, and was only possible because the healer and all 3 DPS were in full epics. But he dropped my tanking ring that he never dropped in normal, and I got a few badges and a tanking gem. =)
Anyway, last night I tanked Heroic Slave Pens, it was fine. Then tanked Heroic Underbog. A few wipes from simple mistakes, nothing major. But on the last boss... no luck. It started with myself, druid healer, mage, rogue and something else that I don't remember. But we wiped two times or so and someone left (it was late, I don't remember who). But we brought another guild rogue, so it was 2 rogues, mage, myself and druid healer. We tried all sorts of strats.
Usually when I tank it on my other tank (yes, I have 2 tanks on the same server both Horde). Our strategy is usually just burn the boss down so fast that adds aren't any trouble. Apparently we didn't have the DPS for that. After 30 seconds or something, the place was filled with adds. I taunted what I could, consecrated over some, threw shield at one. We got raped. Then we tried having the rogues take down the addss while the mage and myself stayed on boss. That didn't work either. The rogue switched to her feral druid, we even replaced the healer with a shaman (actually skilled). Tried again, sham burned all of his cooldowns, we couldn't do it. Tried about 6 times at the least, one time we got him to 1%, then he 1 shot the mage who was the last one alive.
I tank this place flawlessly normally, but we had to call it and couldn't do the last boss. I don't think it was a tanking issue, I personally feel it was lack of DPS or something. Just looking for pointers or something, not sure. Lol. All I know is that it totally sucked. =P
_________________
Never try, never fail. If you succeed, you didn't set your goals high enough. Set low standards and you'll never be disappointed. - Optimism for the optimistic
thewarphrog
Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:02 am



