Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic SH gauntlet between boss 1 and 2

ldeboer
Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Heroic SH gauntlet between boss 1 and 2

Got through heroic SH again last night but still finding painful the gauntlet run up to the second boss. Other than this section I find heroic SH easy.

Usually have to do twice or three times because we lose the clothies or healers as the little non elite packs hit hard.

I try and get as far ahead of everyone as possible and lay down cons but you get the odd couple that seem to run right over it or come from another side and go whack the healer or clothie and they really dont last long.

Not being able to just use Righteous defender until the target is already after someone else is a pain .. Ohh for a warrior like taunt Smile

So anyone got any secret strat to make this easier
_________________
Sparti
Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:12 pm
Turn towards the hall you came in at, and walk backwards. Drop consecrate over and over again, and slowly move back until you're right before Blood Guard Porung and his archers. You'll get a LOT of adds. Don't worry about it. This entire fight is based on whether or not mobs get loose. If you move fast you're going to loose adds, and somebody's going to end up needing a battleres or a run back.
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sweeney
Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 pm
Walking backwards consecrating works great, agreed on that. We did Heroic SH yesterday and I would typically collect 3-4 mobs then stop for a bit until we were down to one, then resume backing up.

As long as you always have a consecrate ticking you'll get mobs to come for you initially, which is important since it's bad news to go OOM on the gauntlet. (The arrows tend to make it difficult to get more than a few ticks of drinking in, meaning you go too slow if you have to stop.)
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem
Seloei
Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:50 pm
The gauntlet is a "retard check" most of the times.

3 rules i lay out every time someone new is there

1) Never go in front of me or you die
2) Don't start to dps before i stop moving
3) Don't stand in the fire

If someone dies, it's their own darn fault and we have to wait for him to run back before we can continue. I keep moving from spot to spot where the arrows can't reach you and tank them there. If someone is in front of me, he will get 2 shotted (be it a warrior or mage).

Also, since you will probably be mana starved before you reach the final boss, you have to chain-drink (since when they shoot an arrow you stop drinking). Usually i can get to atleast the last batch of 4 before the boss without having to drink.

Keep em behind you, keep em near you. Don't let them dps before you have agro, and it's easy
_________________
Guillex
Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:07 am
No. YOU walk backwards. Mobs are going to be running past you, and it's easier than having to turn around every time ... and gets them beating on your shield.
_________________
Official thread killer

Snake-Aes
Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:39 am
my favorite way of diong it is running, dazing the first three with as, running till I get a group, consecrate. There I turn to my team, and backpedal consecrating until I get runners. Group kills and we proceed. Does it in 2 rounds if we have aoe, 3 without aoe.

<last heroic sh run consisted of 3 feral druid dps>
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Cearn
Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 am
rocket boots is all you need on the gauntlet.
_________________
Cearn - 70 pew pew Spankadin! - EU Anetheron

It dont matter where you from its where you at~
Brickhouse
Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:14 am
I have not tried the Rocket boots strategy...

And, I always seem to have a Paladin or Shaman healer with me (no HoT - if you don't count Earth Shield)....

So, I just take it nice and steady. If people are patient with Damage + move out of fire, it is rather, really easy.

Theoretically, I assume, if you have a nice Dot healer, you could still do it like in Normal mode, where you just run to the end. But, as already stated, these Adds do hit pretty hard, and will lay waste to any clothies pretty easy, and we do require some healing.

But, strategy, as already stated, take it steady, make sure people stay behind you, and control their dps.
antiy4ho0
Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 am
I tried running Heroic SH tonight and could not pass the gauntlet. Every time I got to the end of the hall no problem. The problem was grabbing the boss at the end of the hall. I thought grabbing the boss and his 2 adds would be okay before grabbing the 4. Dropping Consecrate and tanking them all. Bad idea. Now that I think about it It probably would of been a bad idea if the 4 mobs stuck to me, but they didn't. I dropped consecrate, mobs took off running over my consecrate and wtfpwned my healer. Attempt 2= stupid DPS standing in fire. Attempt 3 was loose mobs wtfpwning my healer again. More of the same really. I think we tried about 6-8 times.

Consecrate was down (max rank) I was judging mobs I was shielding when mana and lack of mobs permitted but I had a lot of issues with mobs just randomly ignoring my consecrate and making a bee line for my poor priest. Sometimes I could taunt them back or BoP but bad combinations of the priest running out of mana and the priest getting wtfpwned at times meant we couldn't finish.

I almost want to say it could of been weak DPS or the lack of a mage or lock but I don't see how AoE would of saved my healer.

Anyway I was shielding the first 3 mobs, running all the way up to where the next pack of 4 stand dropping consecrate, turning around and walking backwards all the way up the hall. I would drop consecrate every so often stop walking let my healer get me back up to 100% and get some mobs taken down but it just wasn't happening. We're trying again tommorow night and if anyone else has any ideas/tips they are more than appreciated.
_________________