I had been luckily PWN this instance for a while, esp. on this boss. Strap on healing gear, and loot. I had been lucky because we had really good draws on Adds.
My group today was not the best, unfortunately.
And, we drew, what I now believe to be the most difficult group:
MS Naga, The Shaman, The Rogue, and the Hunter (not too hard).
But, very likely the Naga, Shaman and Rogue are the 3 hardest Never had them all at once. I can sit here and point out the errors of our group (me, shaman healer, mage, warlock, and rogue), but damn, even when I put on my heal gear (tried mixing tanking + healing)...(I unfortunately left my DPS gear in bank - if there is such a thing).
We tried many different tactics, but in the end our failure was to keep constant control of the contest. One time, we even got 2 down, and we were still all up, but then the MS warrior killed off some people pretty quick. Our warlock and mage were quite slow to get back on sheeps, did not use any kind of fearing or frost novas, anything...I really think it was our warlocks fault =) I am not a pvper, but unless I am mistaken, other than a curse of tongues, and a few dots, warlocks bring a lot of CC to a 5v5 encounter - Howl of Terror + chain fearing.
Every additional attempt...there was a lapse by one of them, and someone else would die.
I tried stuns, arcane torrents, blessing of protection, engineering frost nova =) bubble myself, lay on hands.
Anyway, just wanted to comment - since I wouldn't believe it - it might be worth peeking at the combination before you actually do the instance. If you get this one, RESET the instance.
personally, I will try it again - for the last remaining challenge in here =)
Brickhouse
Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm


