Skip to content
Maintankadin

Fel Overseer Demons in SL

Balanor
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 am

Fel Overseer Demons in SL

I did a normal SL run with some friends on Saturday and noticed something new with the big Fel Overseer demons that patrol that long hall before the first boss. It seems their Intimidating Shout no longer drops agro from the tank. The couple times I got feared by the shout, the overseer chased me instead of someone else from the group.

And whats even odder is that unlike before, I didn't just cower in place, I was actually feared and running in the opposite direction from the healer Very Happy

This must be new. Anyone else notice it?
_________________
inthedrops
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:23 am
ldeboer,

While you're right about the changes to Fear, Fear and Intimidating Shout are two different things. Intimidating Shout used to incapacitate the tank which would cause the temporary loss in agro. As Gimorth stated, they changed the mechanic of Intimidating Shout to act as a Fear against the mobs target instead of an incapacitate.
_________________
Worldie
Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 am
Actually they didn't change at all the mechanic of Intimidating shout.

They changed the skill, it's now Frightening Shout (for mobs)
_________________

Ariashley
Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:41 am
Note that I was getting feared so often by one of these I got feared through the wall, into a sky (somewhere) and fell to my death. Had a very difficult time trying to get these guys somewhere that I wasn't shoved into a corner so that didn't happen again.

WTB shaman for every SL group from now on.
_________________
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue