Hi folks,
I'm a holy pal and I've run a lot of heroics and normal instances with all 3 tank classes in game. Somehow I feel healing a tankadin is the most difficult one due to the fact that almost all pally tanks prefer to aoe through it. But it's also faster in general to finish a run.
I've read a lot from this forum because it helps me understand how pally tanks so I can heal properly, and I myself am collecting tanking gear to try out later. But after some of my latest experience with pally tank I feel probably not all instances are meant for aoe tanking, or are they?
Here is what made me think of this:
I ran heroic mech yesterday with a tankadin (full epics, half kara half 2.3 badge gear, about 14.7k hp, a pretty decent one for pugs nowadays). We were doing very smoothly after the 3rd boss. Then during the passage to the last boss where 3 waves of mobs come one after another, because there is no time to cc(and we didn't use cc in the early part either), I feel very difficult to keep the tankadin up with those 4 mobs on him. I have +1600 healing, 19% normal spell crit. The tankadin's hp is always around 10%-50%, and I have to drink a pot because top level holy light drains mana too fast and I need to preserve for the follow-up waves.
I mean I ran this place quite a few times with druid tank and prot war of similar gear (bear with 15k hp, prot war with 16k hp, gear wise similar level), and though they are not design to aoe tanking they managed to keep all mobs on them and I feel much easier to heal them up.
So I'd like to hear from you guys that based on your experience, which are the heroics that are tougher to aoe all the way, or some of the pulls, that better use some cc? I know for decent tank and healer and dps, all heroics can be aoe through, but for mediacro geared groups, advices on those need some carefulness is much appreciated.
mangos
Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:18 pm







