Skip to content
Maintankadin

Arcatraz Heroic - Arcane Sentinels

rabbel
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Arcatraz Heroic - Arcane Sentinels

Good evening.

Today, I ran the heroic Arc with some friends, because two of us needed the quest for the "Champion of the Naaru". Well, we wiped like hell, mainly because we played like some retarded morons, but we had our fun, and we finally made it. But that's not my concern.

Might it be that those Arcane Sentinels are currently bugged, or have gotten some sort of major change in their aggro table? I tanked the first one after Zereketh, DPS got in action, and suddenly he turns and runs right after our mage. I taunt him away, judge him, he turns and runs right after our mage. I bubble the mage, drop a consecrate, judge him, he turns and runs right after our mage. I taunt him the second time, pop the wings and throw the shield, followed by a judgement, he turns and kills our mage, then kills the resto shaman, the rogue and finally me. Whatever I did to get his attention, he followed it for about 3-4 seconds, and then completely ignored it. According to Omen I was about 10k threat in front of our mage, but that doesn't seem to bother him anyway. The whole time the mage did nothing except fleeing from the sentinel, he didn't even throw one spell.
And not only this guy has done it, every single of them did it, but we were prepared, and got them down quite easily.

So my question is: Has anybody else noticed a change, because when I ran the heroic Arc the last time (last Sunday), the behaved completely like they are supposed to.
_________________
Invisusira
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:50 pm
They randomly switch aggro. They've always been that way.

I hate mobs that do that, it's a retarded gimic.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
rabbel
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:54 pm
Well, I have run those instance a couple of times since I hit level 70, most of the times on heroic difficulty, but I haven't even noticed them doing it _once_. This is the reason why I was so suprised to see them doing it this time. Didn't know they have some sort of random aggroswitch.
_________________
Kelaan
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 pm
It's been nearly a year since I ran heroic Arcatraz on my hunter, let alone normal; can you still trap them? I recall doing it on normal, and figured you might be able to on Heroic, also. (Sorry -- CC options are only minorly off-topic for tanking, I figure. Wink)

Didn't know about the random aggro-switch, though. I'll be watching out for that once I get there on this guy. Very Happy
Vagrant
Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 am
My personal observation about the sentinels:
The aggro switch may work on threat per second value.
Usually tanking something like that you get a threat lead and then slow down until the dps catches you, which is the same moment the mob dies.
Testing with the Arca sentinels i noticed going all out on threat with HoWs and all did keep them for the whole fight.
_________________
Nord EU
Wulfhere
Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am
What seems to work for me is using SoV on them.

Edit: oops, you're a BE Smile
Arcand
Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:40 am
Taunt them the first time, stun them the second time. If there's a third time you should be able to taunt them again.

If there's a fourth, your DPS will, and deserve to, die. Wink
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 4/6 ZA
Healing can be variable. DPS can be variable. My job is to be a constant.
Worldie
Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 pm
Look at it positively, until some patches ago they were "immune" to taunt, u could taunt em and they would turn on you but they would not have got the taunt debuff, and turn over someone else after a second again.
_________________