Hi All,
I've gotten more comfortable with normal MgT in the past few days and I am starting to be confident enough in my knowledge of the pulls to consider hitting heroic. I don't generally like to waste people's time, so I wanted to get some opinions how to handle certain aspects of the dungeon on heroic. My main concerns are the viability of AoE tanking, the use of resistance gear and skipping pulls.
AoE Tanking
I have 14K unbuffed HP, 14K armor and am unhittable in most situations. I have had a good amount of success AoE tanking a few heroics (SP, Mech, Bot, etc), but the fact that very few of the mobs will actually be trying to melee me worries me from 2 points of view.
1) Can I expect to hold aggro on a Magister, Warlock and the Naga Sorceress with any regularity?
2) Given that few mobs will try to melee me, all of my sexy mitigation and avoidance goes to waste. Is 14K hp enough to survive an influx of frostbolts and fireballs?
Resistance Gear
Given #2 above, does anyone consider the use of resistance gear? The most dangerous spells seem to be the fire-based spells used by the warlocks and the imps. Would it be worth it to give up some defensive stats to almost negate an entire school of damage?
I can pop FR aura (which would cause an issue with my damage return), equip my Fel Barrier and a few FR pieces to get to 200+ FR. In turn, I would take more damage from the Mage Guards and the Blood Knights.
Skipping Pulls
In normal, I feel pretty comfortable skipping a number of pulls. As the mobs go down pretty quickly, I find that there is little opportunity for things to get crazy. As such, there is little moving around and little chance of aggro-ing extra groups. Can the same assumption be made for Heroic?
Any opnions that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Gimorth
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 am





