Skip to content
Maintankadin

1st Heroic steamvaults boss

UMIO
Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 am

1st Heroic steamvaults boss

hi. the other day i was asked to tank for a guild run in H steam vaults even thou my gear is not very good ( only l epic, rest blues) i decided i would give it a go. we cleared up to the first boss including the bog giants and didn't wipe. for some reason the guild leader had this idea that you could skip boss and just do the 2nd and last boss. we cleared to the 2nd boss and killed him then went to the last boss and noticed that the door wasn't open. we went back to the 1st boss and we just couldn't kill her. the problem was that the other members just kept dying due to the lightning.

so heres my questions does resistance help with the lighting and if so what type?

also the other members of the group didn't have a lot of health so in the future should i tell them to swap out for some stam gear?
Minn
Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 am
Nature resist helps against lightning. Another thing you can suggest is that everyone spread out. That way you don't get everyone caught in a single storm. Keep an eye on your groupmates and you can help out by cleansing the stun and lung pierce. Good luck
_________________
Last seen wearing...
UMIO
Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:09 am
Yeah we had the group spread out quite a bit thou the healer being very focused of keeping me up because of my crap gear always got caught in the 1st or second storm.

also can u cleanse lung peirce
Blowhole
Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 am
Some tips that help a little bit, or at least I've found helpful. Obviously bringing a Warlock helps a ton because they can banish one. I also swore they could fear but it's been so long since I've had a Lock in the group I can't remember.

One of the most abundant classes has a nice trick for this fight too, and that is a Hunter. Have the Hunter put his pet on "stay" halfway down the ramp going to her room. Then have him Misdirect one of the elementals to his pet. The pet can usually tank him long enough with no heals for the DPS to kill the first one. Also by bringing him down the ramp you Line of Sight his AoE frostbolts, really negating a lot of group damage right off the bat.

Then like others have said, try to cleanse Enveloping Winds and Lung Burst off of everyone and just move out of the AoE. If you want to use resistances, keep up Frost Resistance Aura until the two Elementals are down, then switch to whatever Aura you want to tank her with.
_________________

http://thunderlord-us.warcrafter.net/blowhole
Snake-Aes
Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 am
It's a healer and group positioning check.

As a tankadin, you really can just burn through the elementals and then the boss(only cc i bother using is banish because it's oh-so-perfect).
All her debuffs are nasty and cleansable, keep it ready for it'll save a lot of damage.
That's what you can do as a tank. Dps has to be smart and move out of storm, and healer must be able to handle group damage.
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Guillex
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:09 am
Uhm ... /p When you see a huge cloud over your head, run the fuck away.

If they can't, then ... they're retarded. EoS.
_________________
Official thread killer

Vanifae
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:30 am
We do a variation on the Hunter trick, we MD the actual boss, kill the two elementals, and then I taunt her as she comes back, and the rest is cake.

She is easily the hardest boss in the instance, though.

The last two are cake.
_________________
Guillex
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:34 am
Tank and spank, imo.

I AS her and tank an elemental. Group kills the first, then works on the second, then we kill her. I just kite when the storm drops on me.
_________________
Official thread killer

Brickhouse
Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 am
People (healers and dps) are responsible themselves for staying alive on this fight - no healer can realistically keep a group up that stands under the cloud, along with the tank.

If people move, as they should, then it is an easy fight =)

If they don't, then they are dumb, and your group will not succeed.

As you found out, you cannot enter the last boss, UNLESS you click the device behind bosses 1 + 2. Like already said, this is the hardest boss in this instance (unless people don't kill the tanks on the last boss - then he becomes quite hard). =)

You used to be able to click it during the fight, so that even if you wiped, you could continue to the last boss. Though, I thought this might have been changed during some patch, requiring you to kill her.
UMIO
Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:05 am
Thanks for the tips. as for clicking the switch mid battle it can probably can be done as long as you don't take any damage. ill have to try that next time if we can't kill the first boss
Bhrimstone
Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 pm
This is an old thread, but instead of creating a new thread for a tactic that I tried, I just figured i'd bust out the old search tool.

When pulling her, I really hate that they stand just far enough apart for the shield to be single target. Well when we had no CC, I realized i'd have to AOE tank all 3 of them, no problem right?

Then I had a clever idea (clever to me, anyway). I told the group, do nothing till I say go, I divine shielded, then body pulled the group in to position, once the gathered on me I fired a point-blank AS, dropped a cons. fired up Holy Shield then dropped the bubble.

DPS followed the elemental kill order, they were able to start right away - and I just kited the 3 around when needed to avoid clouds.

This really trivialized what used to be a tricky pull for me when no CC was available, I got several compliments on how it was handled after the fact.