Ok, today I tried to run Heroic BM. I thought I'd be fine since I've done a few other heroics and have MT for Kara and OT for Gruul. Also, in BM, I always drink in between pulls.. I just tell the party to wait for me to start fighting the Rift Lord. Going OOM is a problem for me whenever I tank anything, let alone start a pull with low mana.
For the first waves up to the boss, and for the first boss, I just tanked all of the adds. Second set of waves, the healer didn't heal me for ~20 seconds and I died. Luckily, we have a druid with us, so he battle rezzes me and I picked up the rift lord. For the rest of the waves up to the 2nd boss I did the same thing as the first set of waves. Second boss was cake as well, me and my hunter friend on Vent thought that this wasn't much tougher than normal BM. So we do fine up to the last boss.
For the last boss, I was running at around 30% the WHOLE fight. We got to around 30% on him, and I died because he did time stop when I was low on hp. I'm just wondering what I should do about my gear to be able to tank this. I'm also wondering if it was a combined fault of my gear and my healer, which was a shaman healer who was specced ele. His gear is nice I believe and I think that he knew what he was doing, but I know little about healing.
Needless to say, the feral druid said he was going to tank and the ele shaman was whispering my hunter friend that I was undergeared while saying in party chat that we were going to call it. =\ I don't quite know why he couldn't have just said it in party chat instead of trying to get me to leave group by saying that they were going to call it.
Here's my gear- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Korbah
According to Tankadin, I have ~50% pure avoidance.. which doesn't help during time stop.. I'm not quite sure what I'd need to change for my gear to be able to tank the last boss.. Do I need more armor? Do I need more health?
Healers gear- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Shamean
He was specced ele at the time.. Right now its saying he's specced resto.
Edit: sorry for wall of text! /sadface I have trouble explaining things briefly.
Korbah
Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm




