Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic Mech woes

Rykis
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:57 am

Heroic Mech woes

Hi again!

My normal 5 man decided to run our first Heroic, Mech, on Saturday. We had some Mech quests anyway, and we figured what the hell. A couple people in the group had been complaining that non-heroics were too easy. Also, after reading a few posts in here I thought it was going to be a walk in the park.

Let me tell you that it was not! Oh the deaths were plenty, and the repair bills were high for all. I should have know it was going to bad when the first pull we got 4 guys and before even one hit me everyone yelled RUN on VC. Off to a great start.

Once we got into the swing of things we did O.K except for the Tempest-Forge Destroyer. The Destroyers kicked my ass multiple times SOLO. Either I just couldn't take the hits or the healer couldn't throw out the heals, or both, or perhaps I'm just a noobsauce. Most of our deaths/wipes were from these guys.

Our other biggest problem was Nethermancer Sepethrea. We could not kill her. We came close a few times, but we were sicking of paying repair bills so we skipped her. We tried her one last time at the end, but failed again. In this case, I don't think I was the problem. She wasn't hitting me hard and I was easily kiting her around ignoring her adds. IMO, our healer kept standing in the fires and was getting nuked. Did I mention our healer only has +800 heals? After that match, thought, I miss PoJ.

On the bright side, I did Heroic Blood Furnace yesterday w/ as a pug. I asked my Pally healer friend (who has +1800 healing) to heal. The rest of the group was a lock, mage, moonkin. We rocked that place. I died twice from bad luck, and no graveyard walks. The bosses were actually really easy. This leads me to believe that I am at least halfway decent, but we might need our normal healer to get some better gear.
_________________
Fixate
Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:37 am
The trick to the destroyers is to interrupt the Charged Fist. If they get that off you're going to be in a huge world of hurt unless your healer kicks major ass (which it sounds like was not the case).

Sepethrea is just a major pain in heroic. In my experience you either beat her handily or she plays havoc with your face. Staying out of the fire is pretty key though.
_________________
Rykis
Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:05 am
RE: The gauntlet. We used that elevator like every time.

RE: The destroyers. They were indeed getting off charged fists a lot. I think part of the problem was, that we never did that instance before in non-heroic. So, ya, noobsauces. I prefer and recommend A-1 noobsauce. Goes great on a pally burnt to a crisp with arcane damage.

Seriously thought, I was interrupting them as I could, but I only have 2 interrupts on long cool downs (BE racial, and hammer). If we tackle this again I will make my group more aware of this so we can interrupt more.

I didn't seem to have too much of a problem getting aggro back after being blinded by Sepethrea. I'd say I had aggro on her pretty much all the time except when blind. Righteous Defense is awesome in that battle. In fact, most of the time I was last or second last man standing. Our priest was just going down too quick. Sounds like we need a bit of gear and practice.
_________________
Bryne
Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:41 am
Your gear is alright for starting heroics, but your priest is undergeared. A healer should be able to hit 1000 +healing with normal 5-man gear easily, 1100+ with crafted pieces.

If you'd never done Mech before on normal, that's part of the problem. What were you expecting? When heroic keys were obtainable at Revered rep, you could pretty much guarantee that everyone in the group had seen the instance before; now that's not necessarily the case, as you've shown. I wouldn't run a heroic instance without at least having seen it on normal, especially if you're running with an undergeared/relatively inexperienced group.
ThugNMeThePally
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:19 pm
interrupt? I know we have HoJ, but what other interrupts are available?
Bryne
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:45 pm
I don't believe Arcane Torrent works on Charged Fist; it's a silence, not an interrupt.
Worldie
Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:10 pm
Silence would work, the point is that it's "Arcane" and those mobs are immune to Arcane.
_________________

ThugNMeThePally
Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:32 pm
so whats some good interrupts that other class's have, that will work?
Holyhomer
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:55 pm
Earth Shock
Kick