Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kael is insanely hard

farmerjohn
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:01 pm
Aye, I had my face melted with a 45k pyroblast. I had to double check my combat log to make sure I wasn't too drunk. Laughing
_________________
fudomyou
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:41 pm
In our run through MrT last night he didn't actually put up the shield - it went phoenix, flame strike, gravity lapse.

Is the shield/pyro based on percent or time? We were doing some pretty solid dps on that part, but I seriously didn't see him doing anything like the shield/pyro.
_________________
Arcand
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:44 pm
I've had him not do it as well.

It probably becomes an option for him at a certain health %, and if you get him from there to 50% fast enough he might never get around to it.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 4/6 ZA
Healing can be variable. DPS can be variable. My job is to be a constant.
Khayne
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:09 pm
also i dont know if i´m just strange but seems some people are really scared of being in buble too long after the pyro.

i rather be surely immune to the pyro, and let 1 fireball get to a dps (it´s below 5k, it wont kill even the squishies mage) than debubble too soon and die myself Smile .

Personally i find in pugs the difficulty thus far has been
2nd boss/3rd (depends on group and adds)>4th>1st
_________________
Willy-Willy
Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:29 am
I'll be very frank with you... The only time I saw Kael was with 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Rogue and 2 Mages (Fire & Frost); Kael died very fast, I never knew what happened... Besides floating around and maneuvering around those bubbles, the DPS played their part so well, I don't know what they did right so I can teach the other ones who are doing wrong. It's all a mystery to me.

Any other party, I never even reached Kael (I've been to MgT about... 7, maybe 8 times) - I'm a nervous wreck whenever I hear the "Pala n00b, you don't know how to tank; you take too much dmg"... As if spell-dmg would be mitigated by armour or block ratings... Anyway, nothing good appears to drop, so I won't be going back anytime soon.

Edit: Going there on Heroic mode is far from my mind atm... Though the two items Snake listed are valuable, I doubt they will be worth the effort - time, repair costs, nerves of steel etc - without an organised group (I'm PUGing it)
_________________
'The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.'
Snake-Aes
Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:36 am
Cudgel of Consecration and Commendation of Kael'thas are the only items you'll want from there, prot-wise.

And yeah, this instance's bosses require, all of them, smart dps. They all play roles other than omgwtfpewpewpew
_________________

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur (Anything said in Latin seems deep)
Amirya
Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:03 am
I hate this place.

Can't run it with my guild, I think we're simply not geared enough. Or else they're totally spoiled by me saying, "Let me get aggro, then go to wtftown on them."

Healadin friend begged me to go today (my off day from tanking), and promised a great group (him, me, hunter, two warlocks). Definitely interesting.

We had one complete wipe between bosses 2 and 3 (hunter couldn't get her mark into her trap, mob kept ignoring her, and he interrupted our healer and smote us hard).

Boss three is a BITCH. By the time she said her last line, everyone had died except for me - and they were all running back. I was last one standing with about 2k health or so...blew a mana potion, a health potion, a healthstone, and LoH. Honestly figured it was a wipe when the healer went down (warlock and hunter went down, warlock went down, healer went down...). And to make it worse, we had the worst possible group I could think of to face off: the warrior, the rogue, the warlock, the hunter...and her. GAH.

Kael, by comparison, was cake. Warlock and hunter died during gravity phase, healadin died somewhere in there, but he was SS'ed, so the other warlock and I just smoked Kael.

Much as I hate CC, you WILL need it. Just suck it up, eat the CC, nail their balls to the place.

And curse the sadist at Blizzard who thought of this special little hell called Magister's Terrace.
_________________
Zeels
Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 am
Cleared heroic for first time yesterday. Had 4 wipes on kael before finally getting him down. Having at least 2 CC for heroic is recommended.

On kael i used bubble to pervent pyroblast
Had around 330ish fire resistance and was crittable (he still hits like a girl)
_________________
By the Power of Grey Skull!
Worldie
Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 am
I strongly discourage using FR on Kael, it's almost useless since you don't look like being able to resist fireballs.
_________________