Skip to content
Maintankadin

Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

spiky_porcupine
Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:30 pm
Way to avoid levitate is be under a mushroom. There's one at the entrace of the room, I think 2nd or 1st one to the left of the wall that is tall enough for you to be under. Jump to make sure u're under the mushroom and can't move.

So pull, and run below that mushroom, and even if you get levitated, the boss will stick on you as the mushroom pushes you down Smile Worked 100% for me now.
_________________
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
Pizbit
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 pm
I had an odd bug in the fight last night on my hunter.
Don't know if I was receiving cleanses from the pallies but anyway...
He'd instead of just lifting me up, lift me and swing me around a little, then put me down, while still levitating me.
Ended up I could fly around the room as I wanted Very Happy
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:32 am
When and how often the adds spawn is random, had 3 sets before, had none.
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Cynnammon
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 am
Hmm, didn't know this. We were under the assumption after doing a bit of research that they always spawned at some point.

Good to know for future reference though.
_________________
jevchance
Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 am
My first try last night. We wiped four times on stalker. On the fifth try, I tanked him in the little alcove to the right just as you enter his room. No levitates, no adds, just dps. It was awesome.

Anyone else tank him here that can confirm its a good spot?
_________________
Arcand
Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:44 am
I hug the left wall, and pull him back into the tunnel as far as I can get away with without him evading. That isn't very far but it keeps us in the area with the lower ceiling so you don't have such bad range problems when people are levitated.

Putting a healer under one of the aforementioned mushrooms helps, too.

If you have melee DPS, let them know that he always(?) pops off a chain lightning in the first 5 seconds of the fight, and they can help the healer by not eating it.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 4/6 ZA
Healing can be variable. DPS can be variable. My job is to be a constant.
Canuun
Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:20 pm
I've done this probably 10-12 times in the past few weeks, and I've noticed that most of the time the boss never spawns adds. We don't burn him down before they appear, they just never come. 2 or 3 of those attempts we had adds, the rest I as just tanking him in the middle of the room, and nothing spawned. Anyone seen anything similar recently?
_________________
Arcand
Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am
You do mean inside its room on the right? The only thing in that
area which I'd consider an alcove is on the right side just before (outside)
the entrance to the boss room.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/49/12 - 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 4/6 ZA
Healing can be variable. DPS can be variable. My job is to be a constant.
Kinrain
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:02 am
We did Heroic UB the other night and can confirm that standing under the second set of mushrooms on the left as you enter his area works a treat.

You might get levitated but stay at ground level so can maintain aggro and stay in healing range. We just ignored the adds because the preist swears blind that if you kill one 3 replace it, can anyone confirm this?

UB + Heroic = Free BoJ x 4
_________________