Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you get the priest to MC ?

ldeboer
Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 pm
I have a mage, spriest as well as this tank and got to say MC isn't my preferred CC to many things can go wrong. I put it up there with sap from rogues yes it can work but when it goes wrong it can go horribly wrong.

I would say I use it situationally and I treat sap the same way it's not your first choice of CC.

Serious CC is the domain mages, hunters and locks because they can apply there CC repeatably and reliably and they can still dps while they have the target under CC.

MC being channelled you CC a target but party loses your dps so its only half as effective as other CC forms unless the MC'ed thing can do alot more damage than you could have.

The four pit event before the eye boss in Heroic BF is a classic place I love to use MC. You can MC any of non red ones in the 4x4 packs and it has the advantage over sheeping that the other 3 dont go after the mage. The packs are all melee so there is nothing to break an MC it makes a relatively hard 4 elite fight easy mode.

Your main CC when you are a 70 will be shackle in Kara not MC Smile

The reasons you take a spriest on a run is it brings good DPS, Fort Buff and mana and health regen from Vamp Touch. They are often referred to as battery's for that reason.
_________________
Moses
Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 pm
In heroic MgT MC is king IMO. Both mage guards and physicians are prime targets. As a tank I make sure there is a mark on the MC target and I watch it. If it breaks I taunt it back to me to give the SP time to recast.

Even some of the guild mages I've had problems with them not getting the sheep done till it's standing on top of me preventing consecrate, the great thing about MC is they can just do it right on top of the consecrate.
_________________
Khayne
Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:31 am
Last time i did heroic MgT i did use MC rather than sheep...dont need to worry about mage being slow on sheep and landing that sheep at my feet after i´ve LoS´d the pack.

And i like having those mage-guards on my side to do that chain stun thing.

I mostly PuG, so i rather take it abit safe side at start before i get to know the healer.
_________________
Phoenixlight
Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 pm
i do make use of it.

my normal group is me, holy pally, aff lock, shadow priest, and one wild card. (sometimes a mage friend, other times a shaman or some pug)

my typical view on cc is casters only and i rarely mark for it. tell em cc whatever but i'll end up breaking if i can...and since i can't break mc short of moving aoe mobs to the priest that's the only kind that works >.> well that and banish.
_________________
kryptx
Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:52 am
I run everything with a shadow priest (my girlfriend). In heroics (and in MgT) we use MC frequently.

Anywhere else, everything but the skull is consecrate.
_________________
Barachiel - 70 Draenei Paladin [Hydraxis]
Barlan - 70 Dwarf Priest [Hydraxis]
Frizia - 70 Blood Elf Mage [Hellscream]