Skip to content
Maintankadin

Holy Pally telling me how to Mark.....Shadow Labs

sbeacher
Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:38 pm
@ Bettiepage: You have 38 holy damage. Thirty-eight.

@ Kinrain, you have 76.

Unless your dps is in all greens with +spirit on them they're probably going to pull aggro off you at some point. Give them a break until you actually have some threat on your gear.

Not that there is any excuse for dps to start before the mobs enter your consecrate.

Concerning the original post, I always kill the summoner's first and the MC dudes second and it works fine. I watch the spellbinder's until I see them try to cast brain wash and then hammer them. By the time he comes out of the stun the summoner is dead and you start in on him.

The only times I've ever been mced are when somehow another group gets pulled or if there is no cc at that last group and one of the three manages to get one off.

And honestly if you're at that point in the instance it means you beat the the 2nd boss which the only difficult (well, more like annoying) part anyhow.
_________________
Bettiepage
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:32 am
@ sbeacher: Unless I am wrong, my sig has not updated in the past month. If you click on my Armory link you can see that I have enough Spelldamage and Defense to run most Dungeons. I worked hard at getting Revered with the Keepers of Time just for the Blade. Although I did not have the blade at the time I posted this thread, I still had a +40 spellpower to the pevious one I was using. Not to mention I had 2 trinkets, that when used, gave me X amount of Spelldamage. So, I dont get what my Spelldamage has anything to do with Killing the Summoner or the Spellbinder first. I am going to chalk this one up to "Kill the Spellbinder first" and let the rest pan out. Rolling Eyes

P.S. Sig seems to be working now. Edit: April 13, 2008
_________________
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Bettiepage
Shamora
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:39 am
I always kill the MC first. I can stun either of them and prevent either a MC or a summon, but its easier to prevent the long casting summon and if my stun is resisted I can easily handle an extra add. Having me or someone overly geared being MC'd and then running around and killing people is never fun. Unless it's when I get MC'd and kill that huntard that doesn't know how to freakin feign death Twisted Evil
_________________
Moses
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:18 pm
I like to kill the summoners first, but it may be old habit I learned while tanking on my (now retired) warrior. Regardless you have the crown on your portrait, you are the leader and you set the marks.
_________________
Kinrain
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:25 am
@ sbeacher

Same here, my sig seems to be borked. I have 239 +spell dam unbuffed (I always use wizard oil when on raids and also on heroics if the DPS are imba)

I have the Continuum Blade, Crystalforged Sword and S1 Gavel, although the Continuum Blade hasn't made it out of the bank in ages. Oh and a 227 +heal mace for my off heal set.

My regular group plays 'Get the agro off Kin and win a Cookie' game.

They never win. Twisted Evil

@ Phoolish - feel free to use them, I have one other /p macro for fun...

'This instance calls for a Hero of Epic Proportions! Unfortunately John Wayne is dead and Chuck Norris is busy so you'll have to make do with me.'

Usually raises a few lols.
_________________
Aloette
Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:46 pm
I've always marked the summoner first. It doesn't really matter unless you somehow have 5 group members that don't have a stun/silence.

Have a rogue/mage keep the non-kill target silenced, while the rest of the group kills the marked target. Both mobs have an undesireable ability and they should both be prevented from using them. With 5 people and a Paladin tanking, it shouldn't be an issue no matter which target you attack first.

That being said, if your group is incapable of doing two things at once, I'd kill the MC mob first as an extra summoned mob can easily be OTed with consecrate.