New Horror story.
Late sunday night, I decided to do another heroic Magisters' Terrace. Most of my regular (save the restoration druid) was not on, so I gather a bunch of alts and non-raiders from my guild. I really only have 1 CC (sap), and the warlock's CC isn't used until pass the 2nd boss.
Right off the bat, I noticed that our DPS was much lower than I expected, no problem, we got pass boss #1 and I finally realized why our DPS was suffering. The warrior whom I assumed was either fury or ms was actually protection. We wait for 5 minutes while he respec to something with more DPS. Fortunately, the strategy for boss #2 calls for slow and easy, with priority on the adds, and not try to burn down the boss as soon as possible.
We somehow managed to actually finished the whole instance and in time for the raid, but I learn never to assume the spec of the people you invite, even from guildies.
_________________
