Skip to content
Maintankadin

The I want to tank giant bosses spec

Jellypop
Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 pm

The I want to tank giant bosses spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZxhthg0zMgqtVfx

basically all the core stuff, droped redoubt and shield spec. allowing imp devo aura, and top'ed up imp SoTC and imp Judgement.


this is the spec I'm aiming to use soon, still doing some thinking as to

~ lack of redoubt in hyjal trash means I will be hit directly more (so what, 350 more dmg taken per hit that i would have blocked)
~ less shield spec = lower block value, which in the long run, shouldn't matter as I'd be tanking things hitting for over 6k anyways.




please comment / flame as you will.
_________________
moduspwnens
Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Looks like a normal spec, except you're giving up Redoubt and Shield Specialization for Imp Devo Aura, Improved Judgement of the Crusader and Stoicism.

I don't recommend it. You give up all a huge AoE tanking ability for something that can be freely offered by holy paladin. As for imp JotC, I don't take it, but others do. A matter of personal preference, I'd say. As for Stoicism, I hardly think it's worth two points. I'd recommend a spec like mine.

Jellypop
Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:52 pm
another thing i can do is drop imp devo and just have redoubt, but no imp shield spec

stoicism helps against abominations in hyjal waves, i tank pretty much, all fo them.

better then 4% less spell dmg taken.
_________________
Invisusira
Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 pm
So... what, exactly, is the point of this spec? All you've done is dropped some core abilities for some terrible ones.

This is not the "I want to tank giant bosses" spec, this is the "I want to get laughed at" spec.
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Worldie
Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:02 pm
Overally, Stocism is a complete crap and not worth any talent.

Assuming you want to tank bosses, and not hyjal waves Smile
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Worldie
Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:35 pm
better
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Invisusira
Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 pm
...but still kinda pointless, why do you keep avoiding Shield Spec?

If you really want that 3/3 Imp Crusader with the basics of the spec, drop Spell Warding (which is FAR less useful than Shield Spec for boss tanking AND trash) and either Kings (which another pally can buff you with) or 1 point in Imp Judgement.

Avoiding Shield Spec "because it's a spec for tanking bosses and blocking is pointless for bosses" is pretty silly, not only in theory but especially since that you WILL be tanking quite a bit of trash regardless - it's what we excel at.

Not to mention that the points you free up from ShSpec can easily be freed up elsewhere. And it's not like you're spending those freed up points on some magical talent that will help you mitigate damage from "giant bosses," you're spending them on things like Imp Crusader. So you're actually taking MORE damage from this spec.
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Extremity
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 am
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
0/40/21
_________________
Worldie
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 am
The 40/21 isnt the boss tanking spec, is the "Hey, overaggro this" spec ^^
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club