Skip to content
Maintankadin

0/38/23 Kara tanking spec, is Sanc Aura worth it?

Chadoxx
Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 am

0/38/23 Kara tanking spec, is Sanc Aura worth it?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0000000000000000000005005133500021320215000523500000230120000000

I have a proposed spec I theorycrafted over and what to know if this has been tried before or am I better with the cookie cutter 0/49/12. My goal was to max mitigation and get the maximum amount of threat.

Running Kara as MT soon and I have one other Pally healing. Instead of me always having Devo on, I thought about if it would be possible to get Sanc Aura and more DPS talents to increase threat w/o giving up Mitigation.

My inspiration came from the 40/0/21 Shockadin spec where they focus on getting Sanc aura for more DPS. All I give up is AS to get Sanc Aura and I give up 1h spec and I get Crusade/Imp Sanc Aura which is comparable if not better. What's the math on Sanc Aura threat increases? If we do 1.9 pts of threat per 1 holy dmg then wouldn't that be a +19% increase to threat output?

Since most of the pulls are undead we can use exorcism instead of AS or just have your OT pull for you. Now I am willing to give up the Imp Sanc to put those 2 pts back in Reckoning and AD but 2% DPS increase to your group is a nice boost. Very Happy

Too bad we can't get vengeance, I tried but was giving up too much mitigations talents and low crit rate wouldn't make it as worthwhile.
_________________
Chadoxx Lvl 70 Tankadin, Baelgun
PsiVen
Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:41 am
You could give it a shot, but keep in mind that you're losing 5% damage from 1h spec to gain that 10%+ from Sanctity.
_________________
* Not accurate on weekends.
Shallira
Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:42 am
I'm sure it's been done before, and I've even considered something similar (though I got 3/5 one-handed spec instead of reckoning). And Sanctity Aura is very nearly a 10% increase in threat generated (stupid white damage!). But yeah... I didn't even try the build because I'd miss throwing my shield far too much.
_________________
Shallira, Cenarion Circle (US).
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&n=Shallira