Skip to content
Maintankadin

Spell warding & divine intellect

Sedative
Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:58 pm

Spell warding & divine intellect

Am i right to say that 4% reduction in spell damage would only lessen the amount taken by 160 damage from a 4k hit?

damage x 4% = ?
so 4000 x 4% = 160

do i have this right? Just doesnt seem like this talent is worth getting.

(Edit)
what does everyone think of dropping reckoning for divine intellect talent?
_________________
Every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.... Brings me back down to earth pretty fast.
Velaegis
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:33 pm
If you're going to drop Reckoning (there are arguments either way, but I would suggest keeping it) there are much better places to put it than Divine Intellect.

Mana isn't too important for us.
_________________
Myotis
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:34 pm
4000 * 0.04 = 160

As someone once said, "I'd take 1 stamina over 9000 intellect".
_________________
Zhalseran
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:54 pm
I had divine intellect for a while, untill I realized it gave me like 100 mana. Yea, great use of 5 talent points Rolling Eyes
_________________
Sedative
Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:20 pm
hehe ok divine intellect is out of the question. what about spell warding?
_________________
Every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.... Brings me back down to earth pretty fast.
Zhalseran
Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:23 pm
4% of 4000 is indeed 160. It seems insignificant, and it is, but it can add up. Like everything else in tanking, every little bit helps. This 4% is also on top of imp righteous fury, which is 6% reduction on all damage, and if you happen to be at 35% or lower health, ardent defender as well.
_________________
Durkon(Anvilmar)
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:16 am

When does spell warding happen?

Well the true value of this talent all depends on wether it calculates before or after resistance. if it calculates reduction before you have a chance to resist it saves you a great deal more then after a resistance check. If it checks after resistance then it might be a lost 2 points.

If anyone knows please post.
_________________
Durkon
Lvl 70 Paladin
Anvilmar
Worldie
Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 am
As a tank one of your primary job is doing your best to take as less damage as possible.

Spell warding reduces damage taken. nuff said.
_________________