Skip to content
Maintankadin

Vindication Possible build.

Durkon(Anvilmar)
Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Vindication Possible build.

Vindication Big yes or Big no for a Pally tank

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMMqtVfc0h

Not sure how game mechanics work for raid bosses/PvE, but it seems like this could be the pallys equivilant to sunder for reducing armor and making a target more vulnerable/hit less. Like I said I'm not sure of the game mechanics so some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also big on the pursuit and the 3% spell avoidance, that combined with the Righteous fury/spell warding makes tanks way better then druids and comparable to warriors for tanking casters. also the crit boost from judgement is good for raid buffs. I find it's better to run a higher spell damage gearing to add the threat loss from 1HwS, and the loss of reckoning.
_________________
Durkon
Lvl 70 Paladin
Anvilmar
unlimit
Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:50 pm

Re: Vindication Possible build.

Just go with a 'default spec' if you can call it that.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0dMgqtVfx

Most paladins I've seen have that, I have it also.

It's made to maximize your threat utility and help make you not squishy.

In both your threat generation and raid utility this build is much better than yours.

=) Good thinking though, you thought of some interesting points.


[edit: 1] I don't particularly, in my build that is, think Spell Warding is all important. 4% is bullshit in my opinion.

[edit: 2] Some paladins also don't have imp SoTC also *cough*Invisusira*cough*, Invisusira's spec is interesting because it gets rid of Spell Warding and imp SoTC in exchange for Reckoning. Then again... Invisusira is just plain HaX to begin with. Sad
Minn
Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 pm
The previous incarnation of Vindication ended up being useless where it was needed (bosses:immune), with procs only showing up where it didn't really matter(trash). I suspect this is still the case, but haven't tried it out. Some folks liked it in Heroics because the trash hit pretty hard, but with everything available now, many tankadins outgear Heroics.

3% spell avoidance doesn't put tankadins on par with warriors for tanking casters. Spell reflect is amazing, and on casters that can be interrupted, Shield Bash puts warriors even farther ahead of paladins.

Your build may work for you, depending on your tanking circumstances, but for most stuff I think 1HWS is a safer investment.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Minn
Zhalseran
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 am
Vindication does nothing in PvE. NPCs do not actually have stats, thus vindication reduces 10% of 0.
_________________
Zhalseran
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:57 am
While I can't claim to have tested it myself, I've personally never heard any indication that Vindication has any bearing on PvE at all. In fact everything I have heard has indicated that, as I previously posted, mobs have no stats to decrease. I suppose its possible this could be a fallacy, but this is what my understanding is.
_________________
Zakkarai
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:59 pm
My understanding is that NPCs do not possess base statistics (Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit), but are instead equipped with solely derived statistics.

For instance, rather than having Stamina and Intellect, an NPC just has Health and Mana. Rather than having Strength/Agility, an NPC just has Attack Power (and typically a flat 5% critical strike chance). Rather than having spirit, an NPC just has Mana/5 regeneration (and no health regeneration).

As such, debuffs which reduce base statistics will not affect them. Debuffs which reduce derived statistics, such as reducing Attack Power via Demoralizing Shout, will. As Vindication reduces base statistics, it'll have no effect on an NPC. It's a PVP talent, plain and simple.