Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3 respec questions?

Morvant
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:13 pm

2.3 respec questions?

2.3 is causing my to re-think my spec, which I have been very happy with. I'm not so happy with this re-spec because I needed to find 5 points to move into Combat Expertise, a talent I happily skipped up until now.

What I find is that I am 1 point shy. Where to get it:

Imp Crusader -- i *think* this is a raid wide 3% crit, I keep staring at the language in the talent tree, is that really what it means? IF so, I'd like to keep 3 points here if I can.

Precision, 1H Weap Spec -- I've read the posts, I could drop a point here.

Anticipation -- I am already dropping defense for +stam items (just swapped out a def trinket for the furies trinket) The more DEF I have, the more STAM stuff I can afford to wear. I'm right on the edge right now, with a bit of a gear ugrade I could start dropping points here and still be uncrushable, can't do it now though.

Here's wild idea, I'm actually thinking, for post Kara tanking, that "Sheild Spec" might be the right place to drop the point. So I block 400 intstead of 440 of the 4000 point hit. Is that really going to matter much?

I'm curious what the great paladin brain has to say. If I don't care about anything but main tanking the ouchy hard hitting bosses ... what would be the best place to find my last point?

Thanks (my first post, be merciful, if there is a FAQ I should have read I would be happy to go read it)
_________________
--
Cenarion Circle, Belfadin
mconeone
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:23 pm
Imp JotC is a raid-wide 3% crit buff.

IMO precision is more important than 1h spec. I dropped a point from 1h.

Anticipation: good in resist fights like hydross & BT.

Shield Spec: Not as important on bosses as on AoE tanking. When you're getting hit by a bunch of guys block value really shines. I wouldn't recommend dropping a point from here.
_________________
Honorshammer
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:27 am
I decided to drop 1 point from Anticipation, 1 from Precision and 1 from Spell Warding.

Anticipation - I'm well over 490 in all my sets and it looks like I'll be an Add tank for Hydross. I only lose 4 defense from this. How much avoidance (Miss, Parry, Dodge) does losing 4 Defense cost you?

Precision - It's either here or 1HS. I took it here because if I'm specing to give the Raid 3% more Crit, I'm going to need all the threat I can muster. Much our our new gear has Hit Rating or Spell Hit Rating, so like Anticipation, I can make this up from gear. 1HS I can't make up from gear.

Spell Warding - 4% versus 2%. I'll take 80 more damage on a 4k spell hit. I'm less than crazy about the loss but I'm not sure of a better place to take it from.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Cimzar
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:39 am
I dropped reckoning in favor of CE, and went down to 3/5 1HS to get 2/3 PoJ. I also grabbed 2/3 Imp JotC instead of Imp Judgement, because I see 2% extra crit for the whole raid as much more important than a little quicker threat on my part.

Imp JotC is 1-3% crit for everyone that is attacking the mob. Doesn't even have to be in a group. This is true for all judgements.
_________________
<3 Bram

The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!