Skip to content
Maintankadin

Imp Judgement vs Sanctified Crusader

Thundaar
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Imp Judgement vs Sanctified Crusader

Been lurking for a bit and thought I'd get thoughts on my last major hang up befoer the 2.3 patch hits.

I was debating the threat ramifications between Imp Judgement vs Sanct Crusader. Now at a 2pt perspective I'm looking at 2sec of cooldown on my judgements vs 2% crit added to myself and all DPS.

From a "Recount" perspective (add-on) my judgements dont seem to attribute to much of the DPS/TPS so on the surface it seems like a good idea. In this way it could be an intersting angle to the tanking option (when the pally tanks we crit more) or even possibly a reason for me to actually OT.

As for why I'm not debating 3pts into the newly accesable talent .... I can't figure out where I'd pull the final point from that wouldn't hurt. I've already dropped kings and spell warding for ImpPoJ (we have a mountain of warrior spell tanks so even if i had both I'd never be asked to tank spell bosses as I'd still be behind) and I can't bring myself to cut anymore out of that tree.

Any opinions on these two as Threat Generator options is welcome.
kalbear
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 pm
For threat, improved judgments win out. Not a huge amount; because it's assumed you'll be immediately refreshing SoR/SoV on a macro and that would interfere with keeping up holy shield some of the time, you miss out on some threat. But it does win over 2% crit bonus for you.

For the rest of the group, it really depends. If you have a lot of melee DPS, I would think that the crit bonus would be better. If you don't, I'd imagine the judgment would be better, as they'd probably want to have JoW running anyway.
Thundaar
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:45 pm
ahh is it only melee crit? I noticed it simply says "all attacks" so took it to mean something similar to what you get from 1-handed weapon spec (where it says "all damage").

If so that changes things a bit. I'd be willing to lose a little threat if the dps gain from the group is good enough. But if it's too situational then It really would be a waste of points.
kalbear
Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:28 pm
I also suspect that it depends on the spells and the time of spells cast. JoW gives the most benefit for casters who cast a lot of spells over a short time. It does help DoT as much as any other spell as well. I'd imagine that a warlock-heavy mix would like JoW far more than JotC. Mages would probably prefer JotC. Not a clue on Spriests. Hunters and shamans seem to love JoW, but I don't know how scientific that is.

Honestly, I don't know whether it's a decision that you can make. I think it's up to a raid to decide. If that raid has a ret paladin, those points are redundant and you'll likely be doing JoW anyway. If they need more mana regen, JoW is going to be used. I'd recommend just asking and telling them the overall options.
Lore
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:01 am
Imp Judgement does not compete with Holy Shield. Judgement is not on GCD. You can hit it whenever you feel like.

You might lose 1 swing of SoR damage while waiting to reseal but the 5 times you don't more than makes up for that.
_________________
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin tank.
Blutreich
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 am
is the 20% more threat per sec of imp judgment worth the loss off losing SoR procs?
anyway i tend to have to much of a mana issue and don't spam judgments anyway. haven't tanked mutch past kara but not even on prince phaze 2 do i get more mana then i can burn. even with mana pots.
this is a little off topic but where does the mana starvation end?
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Blutreich