Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Neuron
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:18 pm

2.3: 0/46/15

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0000000000000000000005005133500021025215510523500000000000000000

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0dMgqtVfx

Minimum Required Level: 70
Required Talent Points: 61
Protection Talents - 46 point(s)

Redoubt - rank 5/5
Toughness - rank 5/5
Blessing of Kings - rank 1/1
Improved Righteous Fury - rank 3/3
Shield Specialization - rank 3/3
Anticipation - rank 5/5
Spell Warding - rank 2/2
Blessing of Sanctuary - rank 1/1
Sacred Duty - rank 2/2
One-Handed Weapon Specialization - rank 5/5
Improved Holy Shield - rank 2/2
Holy Shield - rank 1/1
Ardent Defender - rank 5/5
Weapon Expertise - rank 5/5
Avenger's Shield - rank 1/1



Retribution Talents - 15 point(s)
Benediction - rank 5/5
Improved Judgement - rank 2/2
Improved Seal of the Crusader - rank 3/3
Deflection - rank 5/5


Who is with me?




Edit (12/17/2007): I eventually went with 0/49/12, taking the three out of improved seal of the crusader and moving them into precision (after learning about the spell hit buff to precision). imp. sotc is really more of a ret pally talent, although it is a cool raid benefit, i care more about personal threat.
_________________
Dorvan
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:25 pm
Beat me by a couple of minutes, so I'll just repaste my post here. I came up with the exact same build, it looks pretty solid to me.


Now that we have the actual 2.3 patch notes, let the build theorycrafting begin!

Here's my first take on 2.3, a 0/46/15 build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0dMgqtVfx

I've picked up Combat Expertise (now a must-have) and Imp JotC, dropping Reckoning and Precision. Not a terribly radical build, but it looks like a solid contender for the new cookie-cutter imo.
Io.Draco
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:34 pm
my class leader is retri so ill take precision vs imp JotC
_________________
Neuron
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:40 pm
The only optional ones to me are spell warding, one handed weapon expertise, and kings.

The things to pick up in its place would be precision, improved run speed talent that gives the 3% spell miss, or reckoning, or the new and improved vindication (which still sucks).


Notably, because combat expertise is so far down in prot, this really puts a hurt on the 38/23 builds.
_________________
Daederok
Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 pm
Hey guys, new to the boards (Thank you for this BTW, FANTASTIC resource for Pally tanks in training!), been leveling as Prot, and I"m at 65 now...looking at doing 5-mans and some 10-mans going into the future (we're a small guild, so probably more of the first, but I'd need to be able to do Kara/ZA etc)

Question on reckoning: I've become dependent on that to help me burst down casters while grinding a group of melee at the same time...but from what I"m reading, everyone is ready to just oust it completely from their main tank builds...I'm just wondering about the theory crafting behind it? Does the bonus from Imp SoC make up for the difference?
Suikano
Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:30 pm
I'm going 47/14, leaving off 2 points from anticipation, leaving off spell warding, 1 point in imp judgement, 3 in poj, I won't be main tanking for a long time in any raid content so I'm happy to keep reckoning AND weapon expertise AND precision.

edit, i'm dumb, i forgot to include shield spec and that gave me the points for precision, precision... xxx'd
_________________