Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divine Guardian 20%?

Girard-eredar
Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 am

Divine Guardian 20%?

The part where it increases the amount absorbed by SS, it made the tooltip read that th spell absorbs 600dmg base. Since that is a 20% increase is that all it does? Does the 20% only applied before spell power?
Gamingdevil
Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 am

Re: Divine Guardian 20%?

Before or after doesn't matter, since it's all multiplicative:
500 * 1.20 * "however it scales with spellpower" = 500 * "however it scales with spellpower" * 1.20
Tbolt
Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:41 am

Re: Divine Guardian 20%?

Gamingdevil wrote:Before or after doesn't matter, since it's all multiplicative:
500 * 1.20 * "however it scales with spellpower" = 500 * "however it scales with spellpower" * 1.20


Hmmm I don't think that's right...
I thought the way it worked was: amount absorbed = 500 + (.75 x spell power)

And the way I saw the talent was that it improved that total so:
Talented amount absorbed = 1.2 x [500 + (.75 x spell power)]

So with 500 SP you would get an untalented SS for 875 and with both talents in divine guardian it would be increased to 1050.
Delte
Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Divine Guardian 20%?

Tbolt wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Before or after doesn't matter, since it's all multiplicative:
500 * 1.20 * "however it scales with spellpower" = 500 * "however it scales with spellpower" * 1.20


Hmmm I don't think that's right...
I thought the way it worked was: amount absorbed = 500 + (.75 x spell power)

And the way I saw the talent was that it improved that total so:
Talented amount absorbed = 1.2 x [500 + (.75 x spell power)]

So with 500 SP you would get an untalented SS for 875 and with both talents in divine guardian it would be increased to 1050.



i got 681 spell power and 2/2 Divine guardian. i got nearly ~1300 absorb on me.
maybe more but not less then 1200 for sure..
Tbolt
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Divine Guardian 20%?

Delte wrote:
Tbolt wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:Before or after doesn't matter, since it's all multiplicative:
500 * 1.20 * "however it scales with spellpower" = 500 * "however it scales with spellpower" * 1.20


Hmmm I don't think that's right...
I thought the way it worked was: amount absorbed = 500 + (.75 x spell power)

And the way I saw the talent was that it improved that total so:
Talented amount absorbed = 1.2 x [500 + (.75 x spell power)]

So with 500 SP you would get an untalented SS for 875 and with both talents in divine guardian it would be increased to 1050.



i got 681 spell power and 2/2 Divine guardian. i got nearly ~1300 absorb on me.
maybe more but not less then 1200 for sure..


That seems right since:
[(.75 x 681)+500] x 1.2 = 1212.9
neokai
Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Re: Divine Guardian 20%?

Lol i better get my MSBT to track my SS timer. 1.2k absorption is a big deal and i keep forgetting to keep it up.