Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

kanst
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

So I have been in Ulduar for a few nights working on Razorscale. One thing I have noticed, bosses hit like trucks. Razorscale will melee for 27k with the debuff up. With this in consideration I am considering throwing like 2 points into divinity. I dont like the idea of it but at this point I am kind of thinking any help I can give my healers is beneficial...any opinions?
Muffswindler
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Whats your current spec and where would you be taking points from?
Fridmarr
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

It won't hurt (assuming you are taking points from something threat oriented or equally optional), but whether it would make a difference or not in a wipe is a bit debatable.
Spectrum
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Well, right now we're all taking a lot of damage and that means there is a lot of healing going on. A lot of that may be overhealing, but there are a lot of Greater Healers landing that aren't overhealing. That extra 5% could make a difference in whether or not the healers can keep up with the incoming. At the least it makes them more mana efficient which will help them avoid running out of mana. It's probably equal to about 3% mitigation in terms of healing throughput.
neokai
Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Well... I believe you are talking about razorscale in p2 with the stacking fire debuff...

I find the divinity talent to still be questionable, but you could remove points from crusade (can't think of any other slot to remove points from) and go 3/5 divinity.

That being said, Divine Sacrifice is a very nifty tool, especially for situations like Deconstructor XT-002 when he does his Tymphanic Tantrum (120% of total raid's hp over 10 sec). Pop Div Sac, Pop Divine Shield and blessing of Sac on the MT = priceless.
Shields
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.
Dianora
Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Shields wrote:How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.


It's treated as physical damage. You can use Hand of Protection.
Shields
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Dianora wrote:
Shields wrote:How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.


It's treated as physical damage. You can use Hand of Protection.


but won't the adds run off and kill somebody?
Fridmarr
Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.
Vencedor
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:06 am

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Fight Vezax and then say Divinity isn't a useless talent.
Majiben
Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Fridmarr wrote:I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.

Did you have SS on you?
Fridmarr
Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Majiben wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.

Did you have SS on you?

SS like Sacred Shield? I'm not 100% sure, since you can't look after you die, but the odds of me not having one on me are very very slim. Why would it matter?
Panzerdin
Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

If you didn't have it, it would probably have saved you if you had had it.
Fridmarr
Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Panzerdin wrote:If you didn't have it, it would probably have saved you if you had had it.

Certainly with such a small amount of overkill, there's any number of things that could have been executed better that would have saved me, but it doesn't change the fact that divinity would have allowed me to live through the hit that killed me. That doesn't mean I'm saying that everyone should run out and put 5 points into it.
Panzerdin
Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

I agree, I was just explaining what Maj was saying.