Skip to content
Maintankadin

PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Nelofear
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 am

PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

-5/5 into Conviction with Tuskarr's Vital
Vs
3/5 Conviction 2/2 PoJ with 22 stam
I see alot of people going into PoJ over Conviction and I'd like to know

7 points in Stamina 7% Run speed vs 2% Crit with all spells (The Trade off) not counting Disarm effect

Keep in mind this is a 53/18 Build (personal 3.1 Build)

Just like to know the breakdown.
"Edited"
Levantine
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Nelofear wrote:7 points in Stamina(Boot enchant) and 7% runspeed vs 2% Crit (The Trade off)


Fixed. The difference between 108% and 115% is actually quite noticeable.
leperkhaun
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:38 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

go 5/5 conviction and learn to not need PoJ. its nice but there is nothing that requires it and there wont be anything that requires it (thus far). If you pvp thats another story, get it.

also go 22 stam.

my thoughts.
Worldie
Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

"Learn to not need PoJ" is a fairly bad answer. Higher movement speed means less chance of screwing up.

I remind back when training Felmyst when everyone was required to have Minor Speed on boots. We of course could make it without, but why risking to die for a ms of lag when you can avoid it?
fuzzygeek
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

It's a matter of personal taste and playstyle. You'll find zealous adherents in both camps. Try both and choose which one you prefer. Or, dual spec it.
Jasari
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

I don't spec PoJ and I enchant 22 stam.

Now lets have 5 pages of discussion, half of us can claim PoJ isn't needed and the other half can claim it's super beneficial on a ton of stuff and by the end we won't reach any consensus.

Maybe we can all agree that (for current content) PoJ isn't required, but is useful, just as 2% more crit, or a little extra stam isn't required, but is useful?
mconeone
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

leperkhaun wrote:go 5/5 conviction and learn to not need PoJ. its nice but there is nothing that requires it and there wont be anything that requires it (thus far). If you pvp thats another story, get it.

also go 22 stam.

my thoughts.


There's also nothing that requires 2% crit. If you are having threat problems then that's a different story.
leperkhaun
Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Honestly if there was any encounter where the run speed would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

2% more crit is more dps/threat. PoJ currently adds nothing other than neatness. If you have to have the run speed, get the enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs speed.... repsec into PoJ, but having PoJ as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to go fast, isnt worth it.
Jasari
Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

leperkhaun wrote:Honestly if there was any encounter where the run speed would help you on a progression kill, id say go for it, but there isnt.

2% more crit is more dps/threat. PoJ currently adds nothing other than neatness. If you have to have the run speed, get the enchant.

If there is an encounter where the whole raid needs speed.... repsec into PoJ, but having PoJ as part of a standard tank build for anything other than, i like to go fast, isnt worth it.


PoJ definitely is beneficial for 3D Sarth... I still don't spec for it. But it's inaccurate to say that it doesn't help on that encounter.
theothersteve7
Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Run speed doesn't help on progression kills? I tank adds on Sarth+drakes, moving Maly away from sparks is easier with some extra footspeed, it's easier to grab Sapph right as she lands without her moving, I can pick up the adds in KT a hair faster... I daresay it's one of the most important attributes.

Best two points I ever wasted.
Nikachelle
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

PoJ is fun and allows me to enchant for more stamina. I get both awesome things at once. Win/win for me.
marsh21
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Our raids always have an unholy aura (the GM plays an unholy DK) so I don't have to worry about PoJ or Tuskarr's

22 stam and 5/5 Conviction is how I'm going to be rolling in the patch
hoho
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Runspeed helps with progression kills by allowing you to pull trash faster :)

In 3.1 I'll probably go with some kind of max threat/dps+PoJ spec. Most of the OT shielding is kind of meh and I don't find imp. LoH too fancy either.
theckhd
Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

marsh21 wrote:Our raids always have an unholy aura (the GM plays an unholy DK) so I don't have to worry about PoJ or Tuskarr's

Not anymore:
Patch Notes wrote:Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the death knight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.


I'm still trying to decide between 3/5 Conviction + 2/2 PoJ and 5/5 Conviction. I'll already have at least 2/3 Crusade, so it's a tradeoff of roughly 85 TPS for 7% extra run speed (plus a tiny bit of stamina from the enchant).
marsh21
Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Patch Notes wrote:Unholy Aura: Replaced with Improved Unholy Presence. Allows the death knight to keep the movement speed bonus of Unholy Presence in any presence, and increases rune regeneration rate while in Unholy Presence.


I didn't realize that actually made it live. 3/5 Conviction and 2/2 PoJ with 3/3 Crusade is how I'll end up, with 22 stam of course.

They need to make Tuskarr's 15% run speed and be done with it so they are at least comparable.