Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Build

Menardi
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:26 am

New Build

This is the spec I'm trying at the moment. It'd be good to see some feedback on it, particularly from people with 25man experience.

No Kings: because every other Paladin in my guild already has Kings. I don't really need it for heroics either, when I run a heroic it's usually for a guildie anyway.
No Spell Warding: because I don't really tank anything that uses many spells. Anything that does is trivial content anyway, apart from certain mobs that we use our Warriors on. (TK SUCKS!)
3/5 Weapon Expertise: I actually just tried a build with 5/5 WE and no Reckoning, I liked it but I heard somewhere that 10 skill is where you start experiencing diminishing returns on each point.

At the moment I'm mainly tanking SSC and TK. My guild was very much against Paladin tanking but one of the officers was willing to give me a go and the rest of the guild is opening up now. In fact, ever since our Al'ar kill there seems to be more Tankadin love than ever. Smile
_________________
Lore
Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:54 am
Looks pretty solid, though my concern is you might be taking more spell damage than you realize Razz
_________________
Me, LOL!
Menardi
Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:01 am
I'm definitely liking this spec at the moment. I haven't noticed much of a difference in threat between 5/5 WE and 3/5, but that might be because of Reckoning. Threat generation is pretty good and I'm not getting beaten up too badly. Spell damage does hurt me a little more but only just, I haven't had problems with lack of Spell Warding so far.
_________________