Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reckoning: Yay or Nay (or maybay?)

greatcow95
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Reckoning: Yay or Nay (or maybay?)

When spec searching, I've seen some Tankadins with it and some without, so I thought I might garner some opinions from the community.
_________________
The fun never ends: kalganism.blogdrive.com
Veilan
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:21 pm
Pros:

- a lil more damage and threat (though not much) and more fun questing and levelling by yourself
- double leech factor with seals / judgments

Cons:

- can reduce a boss' melee swing timer
- doesn't work well with seal of vengeance
- costs talent points



I really wish it had its place swapped with say, ardent defender or something in the tree. I don't use it apart from filling out talent points getting higher up. In my current build, I skipped it. I have toyed around with it, and the double health / mana leeching is fun when questing. It's really not a good talent though.
_________________
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
aleyona
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:24 pm
I'm curious about this as well, specifically concerning threat gen with seal of Righteousness. While the threat generation from Seal of Vengeance is greater (due to the stacking debuff), I'm curious if the damage output using Seal of Righteousness with reckoning would make up for the lost (or catch up to) threat. Most of my Ret paladins get kings, so I have no real requirement for maintaining those 5 points.

So, the question is... Assuming that someone is at the light expertise cap (5.5 or 5.75%), would getting 5pts in reckoning and using SoR catch up to the threat generation of SoV?
_________________
Ponthas(formerly Aleyona) of Srs Bsns
oldboyz
Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 am
i had reck during my leveling period

starting raiding : so no more now as my first priority is def&stam. i can't afford to be parry and give a one more free chance for a boss to hurt me.

later... if i'm able to add enought expertise within my gears.. may be i'll be back with reck (i really like it, more tps, more chance to proc things,...)
Gracerath
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:15 am
I had it while leveling. Dropped it upon hitting level 80 to pick up Kings and some ret stuff. Doubt I'd ever use it for anything other than leveling sadly.
_________________
Bye space sword!
Threatco
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 am
This talent fails. Buff pls.
_________________


At 540 Defense, when the tooltip says you have 5.6% chance to be missed, you really have a 4.11%.
JUSTISE
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 pm
I have it atm, but i dont really know if its helpful or not TPSwise. It seems to be a lil boost when it does proc tho, at least back when aoe tanking BT and Hyjal. 1 on 1 tps.. meh. I don't really think tps really is an issue anymore? Maybe I'll pick up kings r something w/ this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=smZaxVAcuMteIRGoxo
Arizara
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 am
its worthless even for grinding... if you're prot and use it, there's something wrong with your head. mobs die fast enough and if you're running oom, grab more monsters. sanc has truthfully made oom = out of monsters though i do typically do dailys with SoW/JoL and sacred shield myself (pvp server... can't be too careful)
_________________
Phoulmouth
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:45 pm
I absolutely love reckoning and make sure I have it at all times.

Having both JoL and JoW on a raid boss and having SoV on yourself is amazing with reckoning. There is no internal CD and I have had fights were reckoning was up pretty much non stop. A constant 5 stack of SoV is an amazing threat generator as well. Plus it allows for seal twisting a lot easier since you can rely on that 5 stack of SoV to be easily refreshable.

As MT on our first 25 man patchwork kill this past tuesday night I was extremely happy with reckoning. This boss hits so fast you can rely on reckoning being up a majority of the fight. The added healing that gave me off of the JoL made the healers job alot easier as they were able to focus more on the OTs that are getting hit for 20-25k per hateful strike.

Plus the threat gen I had on that boss was crazy. We have a titans grip warrior that puts out about 3800 DPS and his threat output is insane. I had him tripled on threat in the first 30 seconds of the fight and I kept on getting farther and farther in front of him.
_________________
Perky - Muradin
Unorthodox
Protection
Retribution

A real pally doesn't heal!
Panzerdin
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:00 pm
Reckoning... is... terrible. There is no good reason for taking it. If you can get all the useful Prot talents, plus these:


http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sV0bZaeb0fuZEsbxbczfrs

Then you have got every talent I consider superior to reckoning, and thus have my blessing to take Reckoning as the most useful Talent left to you.

Except that it won't be, because I ran out of points to place in Ret.
_________________

In Soviet Russia, shield slams YOU!
Chuck Norris is my off tank.
wantpizza
Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 am
Reckoning is a fun/flavor talent.
I'd love to pick it up but it's not possible with my current spec and I need all the help I can staying alive. Threat isn't a problem so far and in starting raids it isn't so Reckoning will be out of my spec for a while.
_________________
kenshin648
Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:16 am
I only have it for leveling purposes. Once I hit 80 (less than 16 playing hours left at my pace), I will respec and may use it as a filler if I cant find anything else deserving of the points.
_________________
I can has moar to horde side on Muradin?