Skip to content
Maintankadin

Best build for 5 and 10 mans ? 4/58/9 ?

Korimoor
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Best build for 5 and 10 mans ? 4/58/9 ?

I have poured over the forums and I think that with our threat being so high, having optimal threat is not as much of an issue currently. For me, a 4/58/9 build is what I think fits best for 5 and 10 mans. It allows for great group DPS (HotC), kings, and has all of the mitigation talents.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=smZaxVA0uMteIRGoxs

I am open to any suggestions.

/wave to everyone. great site here
moduspwnens
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:37 pm
Looks good to me.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Majiben
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 pm
I use almost that exact same spec. I just trade 2 points in SotP for DG becuase I love it's potential applications. I would suggest that build for anyone who doesn't run with a ret paladin.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Thels
Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:26 am
Keep in mind that a Rogue can have Master Poisoner, which doesn't stack with HotC, though not that much Rogues seem to have the talent.

Other than that, HotC is a very nice Raid DPS boost, when there's no other Paladin/Rogue present to provide the buff, and therefor quite useful for 5/10 mans.

As for the last 4 points, SotP is the safest choice. Others go for DG, Imp HoJ or PoJ for extra utility. This is all a personal choice.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Holyhomer
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:02 am
I'd probably either drop points in Seals of the Pure or imp devo aura for imp hammer of justice.

The interrupt is handy.
Thels
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:30 am
I wouldn't drop Imp Devo for 5/10 mans, as you probably can't rely on a tree, and EH is EH.

SotP is a possible drop, though it's still on a 30sec cooldown. I was inclining on taking Imp HoJ for SotP, but I'm not so sure anymore... I might go 2/2 DG, 2/5 SotP.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Korimoor
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:24 am
I really believe that Imp Dev aura and HotC are almost considered mandatory the more I play and look at it.

It's the last 4 points for me that I am still not sure about. SotP, Imp HoJ and DG are interchangable right now. If the JoL bug is never fixed and we continue to gain all of that threat from the judgement, I will seriously consider going to 2/2 DG and 2/3 Imp HoJ just because I have overkill threat.
Thels
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:10 am
It's those same 4 points I'm debating about, and the rest of my build is probably identical.

Those last 4 points will probably depend on my mood once I respec at 80.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Subject
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am
Identical to my build except only 1 pt in SotP and I went for Pursuit of Justice. Will respec if I decided ot get Tuskarr's Vitality on my boots, its not 15% but it'll max out my Seals of the Pure. And as an MT, I think DG is a waste as I don't think i've hitten Divine Shield since speccing protection unless I was jumping down a mountain or something like that :p
_________________
Regretful - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Mannoroth
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)