Skip to content
Maintankadin

Taking the Ret route one step further: 33prot/28ret

Silandra
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:47 am

Taking the Ret route one step further: 33prot/28ret

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?0000000000000000000005005133500021320210000520505100031123000000

No AD. The point in 2h spec in the ret tree is a freebie: If they were to make sanctified crusader be where improved SotC is now, I'd go 1/3 Crusade and 3/3 that. But, because it's there, you can put it wherever you like. If you want to, you can switch out the points in Reck for Precision.

But, yea, it gets all the defensive stuff, barring stoicism and AD, and gives you 3/5 vengeance, which, with a default 10%-ish to crit, shouldn't be too terribly hard to keep up a little bit. Mathematically, with a 10% chance to crit and a 1.6 speed weapon, not counting parries or reck procs, you should crit once every 16 seconds, which is just outside of the range: Relying on a parry, mongoose/agi pot, or a reck proc shouldn't be too out of the question.

Obviously it's an SoR build, not an SoV build.
_________________
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
Icon
Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:28 am
Wow, that is a close cousin to the build I am using: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZVGzfL0zxpoZVbxt0cum

(I need/plan to shift one point out of One-Handed Weapon Specialization in favor of Improved Righteous Fury.)

I should perhaps consider gearing it as an SoR build, but for the time being I favor SoB.

Have you used your build, and if so how are you finding it?
jere
Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 pm
I might suggest you put that freebie point in either Pursuit of Justice (for those fights were you run around a lot) or Improved SotC.
_________________
Fynn
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:30 am
I think to make vengeance work better, 5/5 reckoning is recommended. Could try shifting 2 pts of holy shield to reckoning or vengeance since both do give threat also.

Im not a fan of seal of command and your freebie pt might be better in pursuit of justice, Imp seal of crusader, or imp retri aura if you're into aoe farming.
_________________
Thels
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:41 am
Why go through all that trouble to get Vengeance while skipping 1H Spec.

You're hoping on Crit procs for 9% while you can get 5% out of the box. Can we even keep Vengeance up while tanking, cuz a lot of our abilities can't even crit. No pull skill, so you have to open with JoR, which doesn't get Vengeance.

Totally not worth it.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin