Skip to content
Maintankadin

Corruption Tank spec (1 point missing)

nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Corruption Tank spec (1 point missing)

I rerolled from my enh shammy to my ret pally, and right now I'm looking at tanking. So I built a spec, and I'm hoping someone more fluent in tank language can help me out. I've never tanked before, so here's my theory spec.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=050000000000000000000000001400053500315251033312301552000002000000000000000000

What I'm mostly iffy about is Benediction because it shouldn't be a problem for mana, but I need points in it to be able to get down to Pursuit of justice because even a small speed increase can help in getting things done.

As for the prot tree, I dunno if Ardent Defender is worth anything since I should be staying afloat during encounters.

As for the holy tree, I'm wondering if having points in Seals of the Pure is good so that I can generate more damage/threat on mobs using seal of corruption.

Thoughts?
Worldie
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:53 pm
Not taking Ardent Defender is (and always has been) wrong. That's sure, and as former 40/21, i can tell you i'm happy i don't have to skip it again.


Don't skip it.
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Hmm... so maybe I could dump Pursuit of Justice and Benediction and pump those points back into Ardent Defender and maybe Unyielding Faith? That would be

+15% movement speed
-10% reduced cost on instant spells

to

-35% dmg when under 35% hp
-30% duration on fears and disorients.

With that, there would still be one point to throw somewhere.
nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:03 pm
I'm having a horrible time trying to pull up your spec. Do you think you could recreate it through wowhead or mmo-champ and post it? =(

I hate to pain ya for it.
nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm
Does Judgements of the Just work in raids? I figured that it's like Vindication and nearly every mob in a raid is immune to the effect.
nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:15 pm
Rather, what I also want to ask is what spells do you use to tank with? I mean, like seals. I figure that there are a couple different options for paladins with the new changes that we've had.

The spec that I had built revolved around seal of corruption, but after giving it a moment of thought, I realized that I won't have Divine Storm anymore. ^_^;

I'm used to doing a tank thing here and there and using seal of corruption + divine storm to stack the seal on multiple targets along with consecrate.

Any tank tips help me, really. Being an ex-shaman and a hunter before that, I have never really done any tanking.
nekoraynos
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:33 pm
Alright. Thanks for all your help. I think I have an idea of how a paladin tank should go.

Now all I gotta do is focus on gear. =)
SirKillalot
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:58 pm
Question for Worldie:

My build for when I hit 80 (here) is very similar to what you have, but there's one particular question I have: How much value do you see in Imp. HoJ or Guardian's Favor? The major difference between our specs is that I've dropped those two to pick up Kings, and I'm wondering how much of a benefit you see in those - I don't want to bring up the whole kings debate again, I'm just wondering about the relative value of those points.
Worldie
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:58 pm
Guardians favor is there as filler, i just didn't know where to put those, so i took longer HoF.

Imp HoJ is my personal choice as talent, since i just love stunning mobs as much as possible in heroics and trashs..... and Gluth Neutral
_________________

Uord - Prot Warrior
Darkworldie - Death Knight

Tanking... srs business
Thels
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:10 am
You basically want at least this build (minus Kings if you have a reliable Retri paladin in your raid that is specced for Kings (he should)):

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxo

Whatever you do with the last 7 points is basically your own choice. Common choices are:

- Seals of the Pure (extra threat/DPS)
- Reckoning (not as good as SotP)
- Conviction (not as good as SotP)
- Heart of the Crusader (increased raid DPS, doesn't stack with HotC from a Retri paladin or similar abilities from other classes)
- Benediction (more mana efficiency, shouldn't be needed)
- Improved Hammer of Justice (increased interrupt, but 30 seconds is still too long to be very useful)
- Guardian Favor (support)
- Divine Guardian (support)
- Pursuit of Justice
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin