Skip to content
Maintankadin

Where should I put my last two points?

theothersteve7
Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Where should I put my last two points?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoEo

My current build. I'm torn as to where I should spend my last points. Seals of the Pure seems like the obvious choice, but it's pretty lousy. I'm thinking about just taking Pursuit of Justice because a disarmed tank is a panic situation, but I'm not sure how often it happens. And the movement speed would mean I can run flags.

From a purely raid standpoint, what's my best bet?
_________________
Stevadin, Level 75 BE Paladin, Maelstrom
Majiben
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:16 pm
You should consider dropping points from benediction for other areas like SotP and HotC.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Snake-Aes
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 am
I'd say PoJ, the speed boost is as good as it gets. My personal recommendation is to drop benediction to 1/5, fill Heart of the crusader and PoJ.
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading the Holy Protection and the Diseases since 2008.
theothersteve7
Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:31 pm
I'm thinking about doing exactly as you two say. I suppose the issue really comes down to the makeup of whatever party I raid with is. Your spec is probably the best option when there aren't any other paladins.

Really, I guess I'm just curious about the value of Benediction. I haven't actually specced it yet, aside from a brief stint while leveling as Ret. 10% doesn't really sound like that much given that all mana issues mean is dropping Cons a little less often.

Of course, if I get a dedicated Ret pally, I would drop Kings and HotC for 3/5 SotP, Divine Guardian, and full Benediction. Probably.

Meh, regardless, it's still a ways off. I wish I had more time to play.
_________________
Stevadin, Level 75 BE Paladin, Maelstrom
Majiben
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:00 pm
Benediction is very bleh. For instance you get more out of this glyph without spending 5 points on it. It also has a very small window of usefulness. If you weren't mana starved before you won't benifit from this talent. If you were, you would need to be only a little mana straved or you will be still short on mana.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Snake-Aes
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:21 am
Well, it's 1/5 benediction or.. 1/2imp BoM? In any situation where it's extra scaling would matter you're likely to have another paladin with 2/2 in that. Either way it's a toss-up.

Just don't completely diss it just because it's what it is. The effects on stacking reductions and more sa mana can have some funny results. I'm definitely glad i have 5/5 benediction + sa glyph while leveling.
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading the Holy Protection and the Diseases since 2008.
theothersteve7
Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:56 pm
Alright, gonna drop to 2/5 Benediction, get 3/3 HotC and full PoJ. Thanks everyone!
_________________
Stevadin, Level 75 BE Paladin, Maelstrom