Skip to content
Maintankadin

Last talent point?

Thels
Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am

Last talent point?

Hi,

I was thinking about using the following talent build when I'm at 70: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVAcuMteIRGoxs

I'm not in a stable hardcore raiding guild, and will most likely mostly be doing 5/10 mans. Therefor I'm not counting on a retri paladin to be there, and taking Kings and HotC myself. Taking Imp HoJ for the 30 sec stun/interrupt control.

That leaves me with a single talent point. A single point in SotP seems so not worth it. Maybe I could put it in Divine Guardian, but is it worth it to put a single point in there? Or should I maybe go 2/2 DG, 2/3 HoJ?

I don't feel like experimenting with builds a lot, so I'm probably sticking a long time to whatever I'm picking. Any opinions?
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Tbolt
Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:45 am
With the build you have linked I'd put the last point in either reckoning for AoE situations and a bit of extra melee dps/threat, or benediction (2% mana saved isn't huge but it's on pretty much all spells we tank with so probably helps a little bit).
_________________
Twilightstar
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:30 pm
Well if you aren't counting on a ret pally to bring HotC, then you might as well as drop imp. hoj and spec into imp. bom, unless you have a reliable holy pally that will go into convinction.
DG...if you are MT then its almost useless, if you are OT it could be very handy and btw, HoJ is still bugged in term of interrupting bosses that are immune to stun, its really pvp oriented as of right now. (I think)
Thels
Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:46 am
I'm quite open to moving away from HoJ, if there's a nice alternative. The one remaining point and the 3 points currently in HoJ are up for debate. I'm quite satisfied about the rest.

Imp BoM doesn't look like a valid option, though. Holy might take it on their way to Conviction, DPS Warriors might have it instead as well. And even if nobody does, I don't think the effects will be worth it.

I'm currently somewhat tempted to put one point in Benediction and take PoJ (instead of HoJ), since a bit of extra movement might help in certain encounters.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Arjuna
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:32 am
personally I'm gonna save my last talent point until blizzard gets their collective asses in order and make us a 11-pointer...

I don't want to pay up 50g because they are lazy
_________________