Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seals of the Pure vs Conviction

Alexlifeson
Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Seals of the Pure vs Conviction

Based on what I am reading on this forum Seals of the Pure seems to be overwhelmingly popular over Conviction. I am using those 5 points in conviction right now. My thinking on Conviction is that it effects all of my damage, but I have not tried using Seals of the Pure. Any thoughts on these two options?
Knaughty
Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:10 pm
Seals of the Pure is always more TPS, usually more DPS and less healing.

Thus: SotP > Conviction.
_________________
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum.
Knaughty
Naxx-25 15/15 pre-buff
Tbolt
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:59 pm
I'm using conviction right now and the extra crit is great. SotP seems kinda crappy at the moment especially since I barely use SoV in heroics/dungeons anymore. SoW keeps the spamsecrate going and I finish pulls with a full mana bar, no threat troubles so far either. So I'm keeping conviction, might switch it when I start raiding but we'll see, like you said conviction affects all damage as opposed to one seal/judge which is pretty weak at the moment.
_________________
Majiben
Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 pm
Conviction requires 9 (6 if you were planning on getting HotC anyways) points essentially for a weaker boost. It would be fine if we weren't required to dreg up points for it. Personally I'm going 2/60/9. If we had a reliable ret I would go 5/60/6.

Also seals, holy shield and reflective auras don't crit in addittion to consecrate not critting.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Drobent
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:57 am
I don't see the point between crittin' and Mana.

For Mana issues get Benediction.

IMO, SoP is a good option because when my mana is getting down overwhelmingly slow (that means tons of mana incoming from BoSanc/Spiritual Attunment/JoW) I cycle SoV and SoR to have 5 ticks of SoV and the extra Aggro of SoR, when the 5-Tick is about to expire SoV, another hit and then SoR again.
_________________
Kynes
Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:32 am
I've been using this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVAcuMteIRGots0x

No kings because I run with a ret or holy that has it. I haven't had a need for kings in heroics w/o another paladin either, they're just too easy. And without a ret, especially in 10 mans, Heart of the Crusader is a nice 3% crit.

As for SotP, I thought I read a bunch of theorycraft a few weeks ago that suggested after the nerfs to our seals, Conviction > SotP. They were close as it was before the seal nerf, I imagine SotP is subpar now.

Discuss?
_________________
Kynes - The Underbog
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Without heals.
Tellysavalas
Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am
I think I'm going to try Kynes build tonight. I went with something quite similar for leveling 70-75 and then switched to ret from 75-79 now I'm back to Prot and about to hit 80 and I'm wishing I had my old build.

Right now I'm 5/xx/9 with SoTP and crusader but I think I'd much rather go back to Conviction and drop SoTP because I use SoW/JoW 90% of the time and only use SoC on bosses and even then it's excessive because I routinely have a threat lead in the 10s of thousands over my DPS, and I usually finish with a threat lead of 50-100k.

Conviction would give all of my other abilities a nice damage/threat buff and would help my offhealing when I PVP (until dual spec comes in). Seeing as how I'm not currently using SoR/SoC hardly ever, it seems pointless to be spending 5 points on it. SoW/JoW gives me endless mana to spam my threat rotation and chain pull an instance from start to finish. Conviction will make things more fun (SHIELD SLAM CRITS) and make PVP more bearable when I throw on the ol' holy gear.

Most of the purists will probably read this post and think I'm an idiot for not 100% min-maxing and taking SoTP, but honestly, in the current build, compared to Pre-3.0, keeping threat (single, multi or infinite targets) is so extraordinary easy right now I think a chimpanzee could face roll six buttons on my keyboard and tank just about any instance.

Me having 5% crit and my DPS having 3% crit (hardly ever group with rets) and me having unlimited mana = much faster instance clears. Which is all good in my book.