Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gren takes a shot at the cookie cutter

Grenmaju
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Gren takes a shot at the cookie cutter

just as the name says this is my shot at a cookie cutter this will be my main build at 80 after carfully looking at a few diffrent builds but anyway I throw it at you for your consideration:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sV0oZ0xVAcuMteIRGoxs

few notes

one point in http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=9453 is because i had a extra point and i thought it looked nice there Razz

feel free to flame insult comment ect Smile

p.s no kings here why because i spent 2 hours with a guy demanding it in greater blessing after dieing on every pull >.> (started giving him the 10min one >.>)
_________________
Levantine
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Highly doubt there will be a cookie cutter spec.

There will be a core spec, definately, but not a cookie cutter.

Core Talents: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxo

Kings can be replaced by Divine Guardian if you absolutely must. I still refuse to acknowledge IHoJ as a tanking talent. 30sec is still entirely too long a cooldown, so it's not even worth bothering.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Grenmaju
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm
hmm i dunno i am still skeptical of it myself but it saved my ass a few instances so i am 50 / 50 overall it might go but what for will be a question i personaly dont like divine guardian.
_________________
Tbolt
Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:56 am
There is no more 49/12 cookie cutter spec anymore. As it is right now, every paladin's spec will be determined by 2 major decisions and 1 minor one.

First one is whether to take kings or not.
Second is SotP vs. Conviction.
And the more optional last choice, if Kings is not picked up, is what to spend the 3 points on in order to move on to tier 6 of our talents. Here the choices are Imp HoJ, 2/2 DG +1 left over, or 3/5 reckoning. (I believe kings is all or nothing).

Everyone should pick up 5/5 deflection and we pretty much pick up everything in the prot tree from tier 6 and up. So the only differentiation will mostly be based on the above questions.
_________________
antiy4ho0
Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:56 am
I'm a fan of iHOJ especially now that it interrupts spell casts on non interruptable mobs. Also its not bad now that I'm beginning to farm heroics again. Having a 6 second stun available every pull possibly twice in a pull goes a long way for my survivability. Maybe when my guild gets more 80s and we move into raiding I'll drop it from my build, but as long as I'm fighting for my life in heroic trash I'll be keeping iHOJ.
_________________
Petrus
Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:26 am
I personally went 58/13 with my last seven points in Benediction and PoJ. That or 5/58/6+2 are two of the more common specs.
_________________
BlackKnight6667
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:21 am

My 80 Spec

I'm still getting up to 80, but inthe end My final spec will be..

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVA0uTteIRGoxs

I team up wit a retadin most of the time and he picked up the kings. the only think I may change is reducing the Reckoning and putting some points into Might to help raid buffs (I'll be doing Tanks(BoSanc) and DPS(Might) in 25man, Holy will be Wis, and Retadin will Kings, leftover paly will might the remaining tanks)
_________________