Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shield of the Templar

towelliee
Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:21 am

Shield of the Templar

I for one did not have this talent until of course today when patch comes out and I can apply it.

So I need to shed 3 points...

I have 4 in the "pure" talent in Holy for 10% more dmg from certain seals....and only 1 in improved judgement.

I could either get rid of Ardent Defender....or get rid of the holy talent and put the extra point in imp judge.

thoguhts.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:55 am
Get rid of the holy points.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Eanin
Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:57 am
You basically need 6 points in ret for parry and one in imp. judgements, leaving you with 55 for prot.

You can't quite get all the higher talents - you'll be one short. I'm going to go 1/2 Guarded by the Light until I hit 71.
_________________
Squishums
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 pm
I hate skipping anything that keeps me alive longer....so i need to drop 1 point contibuting to threat. At 1240 stam, 30 sp (before touched by the light), and 1140 AP (with talents)....is 1 point from 1 hand spec or 1 point from touched by the light going to be best to drop?
Majiben
Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:22 pm
I will be putting only 5 points into ret to allow me to go 56 points in prot.

My spec

I dropped 1 point out of imp judgements to max out SotT. Other spots to get points out of besides imp judgements include 1 from kings and 1 from imp dev aura.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Threatco
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:49 am
I used to have 6 in ret. kings, no Shield of Templar, full set of mitigation talents. But now....

I haven't used kings very much. Maybe because I haven't spent much time farming raid stuff over my head. I'm OT in t5 raids as my guild doesn't raid I just pug. And everything else I'm beyond EH cap and more mana is all I need for heroics 10s and t4 25s.

2. Might is viable again when with warriors. So Might/Wisdom combo usually keeps people happy in your group. The only people who ask me for kings is over-geared healers.

I'm thinking of dropping kings until I'm needed to farm a raid as MT and that has an EH minimum close to what mine is.

I know that's not the scenario that this forum's common theory's focus on but its a scenario a lot of us are in.

What do you think?
KysenMurrin
Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:41 am
I think the only time I've cast Kings since the patch is when I had another Paladin in my group, and that happens rarely. I'm not sure I could bring myself to drop it, though.
I was actually going to drop points from Imp. Devo Aura and Guarded by the Light for SotT, but I'm really not sure about that.
_________________
Karador
Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:36 am
The Spec I did yesterday after the patch was what i was looking at before and it seems to have worked out fine in sunwell last night.


VVVVV Click for spec
_________________
Armory Link

Blue Rage Bar = I start the fight PISSED!