Skip to content
Maintankadin

SotP vs Kings @ 80

firstamendme
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 am

SotP vs Kings @ 80

so...I've been messing around with how I want to carry my spec into level 80, and i end up with a few things for certain. 6 in ret (parry +1/2 imp judge)...prot filled out with 3/3 imp HoJ for the silence, but then I am either stuck going 4/5 SotP with 5/5 kings, or 5/5 SotP with 4/5 kings...

which one would be the least of a loss talent for talent? should I just abandon my 3/3 HoJ all together and fill out both? it just seemed like with HoJ having the interupt effect it would be worth keeping refreshed whenever possible

thanks!
_________________
70 Tankadin: Firstamendme, Spirestone server
firstamendme
Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:12 am
I was afraid of that Sad

Trying to sacrifice as little as possible to get it though...is imp HoJ actually usable? Will the interupt be separate from the stun? To clarify: Boss A is immune to stun, but not to counterspell and the counterspell is a key component of the fight...can I still cs even though the stun portion is immune?

If not, I might as well dump HoJ and get full kings AND SotP at 80

Thanks for the comments so far!
_________________
70 Tankadin: Firstamendme, Spirestone server
Kayoto
Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 am
Neither!

Go with Conviction instead.

0/56/15 ftw. :O
_________________
Sanadina
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:48 am
I have to say i disagree totally. Imp HoJ is very useful, combine that with the new shield of righteousness (shield slam)and you can actually interrupt casters/bosses. Being that immunity to stun is irrelevant, and that alot of us prot pallies are in AOE groups, it's likely that we're the only ones paying attention to what needs to be interrupted in those packs because the mages are actually casting... AOE.

As for kings... to kings or not to kings, I'm finding alot of pallies are not specing kings, so I did just for raid buffs. I can't benefit from it usually because I am using sanc, but the rest of the raid can. It really depends on your raid comp as to if you need to spec kings or not.

Majiben
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 am
Shor has no interupt or silence portion. If that caster is so deadly that it will kill the tank if it isn't interupted then why isn't it cced? And is it really only going to cast that tank killing spell once every 30 seconds? You bring someone who is designed to deal with casters if you need them cced/interupted. If you only have a paladin tank on it then you don't really need it interupted that often or it's effect is not wipe worthy.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC