Skip to content
Maintankadin

Another "am i ready for heroics?"

Tamerlane
Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Another "am i ready for heroics?"

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Tamerlane

Topic says it all. I know i'm still crushable, but I really don't see where I can squeeze out any more avoidance without going to heroics.

I've tried tanking heroic Arc and ramparts...arc was ok to the first boss but his massive shadow damage really was just too much. Ramparts after a few trash I felt I was very undergeared.

I've heard that it actually is easier to start tanking khara before certain heroics...is that true?

Any help/tips/prayers are greatly appreciated.
Guillex
Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:39 pm
You can chant your gloves, boots and wrists with agility for dodge rating...

Get the head enchant from KoT, and get the Inscription of Warding for your shoulders, seeing as you're only Honored with the Aldor... Try to grind out Exalted for the Greater Inscription.

That should help out a bit.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Tamerlane
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:35 pm
haha i totally forgot about enchants thanks for reminding me. After enchantswill I be good to go you think?
Guillex
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 pm
You have to look at your stats after enchants, and see what you can do where. if you're going to just be running 5mans, then you're worried about your defense being up at 490 for uncrittability ... After that, you're trying to balance stam, uncrit/uncrushable (102.4% avoidance with your libram and HS up).

I really can't tell you what it's going to look like after enchants, you'll have to watch it as you go along. But you're well on your way!

Another thing I just saw ... might want to think about changing your neck to the CE revered rep necklace, Strength of the Untamed (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29173). You're going to lose 13 stam, but you gain dodge and defense rating. The stam you can socket a few solid stars of elune.

Also, look for Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets in The Arcatraz (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28390). I prefer them over mp5/int/sd that you get with the righteous, but that's my personal preference.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Guillex
Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 am
/emote bows

Duly noted. Thank you
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint