Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why isn't my avoidance as high as others?

Ravenne_bl
Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 am

Why isn't my avoidance as high as others?

I've been out looking for all of the tanking gear I could put my hands on. I went through the gear lists etc but I don't understand with the current setup I have how my avoidance seems to be less than everyone else's I keep looking through with comparable gear (not the epicced out guys). I'm in the process of getting Spell Damage on the sword, and some other 12 sta's/ +5dmg-6sta for the spots that have the greens. And of course a +12 to the bracers. I thought about getting str on the gloves to up my block a little but I'm still not sure if losing the sta is worth that avoidance. Does the Devilshark really beat the Burnoose enough to push me into the avoidance some of you guys have? (im in the process of getting the libram, still need some more badges.) And lastly, am I at a point where i can MT Kara and heroics?

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Ravenne

Thanks for the help.
Nich
Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:24 am
If you're after avoidance, why wouldn't you grab agility for hands, rather than strength?
_________________

as Holy: 6447 hp, 8688 mp, 1552 heal, 150 mp5 (in combat), 13.98%
Ulushnar
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:51 am
Avoidance items at your kinda level:

Flesh Beasts Betal Greaves from the Mana Tombs Escort Quest
Elementium Band of the Sentry from last boss in Arcatraz
Devilshark Cape from Steamvaults.

These three items alone give about 3.5% dodge. Apart from that enchant agility on your cloak and if you have someone who can do it, your gloves as well.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Ulushnar
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:52 am
Also, if you're Aldor, the breastplate from them gives a massive amount of avoidance.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Ravenne_bl
Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Rate spec

Is what I have enough for Karazhan or should I be working for anything else?
Guillex
Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:04 pm
Well, you're Scryer, so the breastplate stays for now...

My 2 cents would be to get the Strength of the Untamed neck from your CE revered rep... It's +27 stam, +19 defR, and +18 dodgeR, which is a bit more avoidance and stam for you right there...

Continuum Blade from Keepers of Time rep, that's a bit more stam there also. +40 spelldamage and you'll be fine. I don't know if they're comparable, but I like the Legplates from KoT also. +57 stam, +18 defR, +11 dodgeR, and a red/blue/yellow socket whose bonus is +6 blockR.

I'd also say try to do some heroics and get the Libram from the badge turn-in. It helps with your HS, though being healed while judging is nice.

It almost looks like you're worried about spelldamage ... I wouldn't be, too much. Might want to rethink that ring, though it's a bit late now until you're exalted with the Violet Eye.

That's what I see, not sure about the other pieces of gear, nor the enchants.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint