Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rate my Pally

casiebu
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:26 am

Rate my Pally

I am a 64 Paladin Protection spec love tanking..hate Healing...at this time i have all points in Protection, i have been told by a couple of 70 Paladins that i should split tree either Ret or Holy...plz help.....i have a 70 lock i did split trees w/ and love it (powerful) but idk about doing it with my pally.
_________________
May the Light Shine & Darkness Fall




Sereen
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:47 am
First things first. Take the sig graphic out of your avatar please. =D

Second of all, the cookie cutter tanking spec atm is 0/49/12, but there are people who use variations on this too. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=aZVhtIx0dggqzVbx

There's also a 20/41/0 build that gets thrown around, but I don't know what that one is. I'm pretty sure there's two routes that it goes with teh points in holy though. You're either picking up the healing talents, or Imp SoR and Imp LoH etc, so you can do more damage and thus more threat with the bread and butter seal.

Hope I helped. xD

-Ser
_________________

casiebu
Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:03 am
Well ty for your advice on the specs...i will be respecing as soon as i'm able to log back in (after Work) this is my first Paladin, and like i said i was a bit confused about which specs i need other then of course doing the Protection tree.......................................... Smile
_________________
May the Light Shine & Darkness Fall




Sabindeus
Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:09 am
0/49/12 is all you need.
_________________
Anthonius
Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:30 am
Id say it all depends really on what you want to do mostly, act as MT, OT or support tank (we have used that sometimes when we try new encounters).

The 0-49-12 is the cookie cutter and probably the best MT build around. I found one problem though.

As my avoidance got better and better, since I focused alot on it rather then just going all out on stamina, I noticed I took less and less damage (shocking isnt it? Shocked ). Hence my mana regen became an issue.

As of this, I tried out a new specc: 0-38-23 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZVhtIx0dMMqZVbxt0bzb

The reason behind this was to get the sanctity aura and use that while MTing and the retribution aura for everything else. The Seal of Command is more or less a filler and fun to use while just alternating on stuff.

I tried this out yesterday in Gruul and it did work nicely, although I did miss my reckoning, one handed weapon and avengers shield. But I did find that those extra 10% (+2) really did help alot in building hate fast.
_________________
Candiru
Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm
is 28 spell damage really worth losing 3% to hit? I would take the extra + hit anyday, generates much more threat.
_________________
Chadoxx
Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:58 am
5% to crit for a 40 dps MH is not worth it since white dmg is not main source of threat. Crusade would be better if you're MTing Kara for example.

3 pts in +hit is better than Imp Sotc since it's just a static +spell dmg increase and takes up a judgment that you could have used for more threat.

5 pts could be used for Vindication if you do heroics and Eye for an Eye if you do PVP or Arena.
_________________
Chadoxx Lvl 70 Tankadin, Baelgun