Skip to content
Maintankadin

Maybe Really Stupid

Lowgrus
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 am

Maybe Really Stupid

Okay,
So I was driving to work today and I'm a huge loser and all I think about is this game. At work and although I pretty much have the talent tree memorized. I was wondering if it would be feasable to do 0/40/21. I mean my god I own so freaking hard with sanctity aura. I figured I'd lose out on Reckoning. And perhaps Ancicipation which anticipation is no big deal becuase again my gear already makes me uncrushable beyond the need of anticipation. The 10 percent would make up for reckoning and then some imo. Not sure how it would all work. Now all of you dont have a heart attack now not having avengers shield. Our key pulling thing in a 5 man instance. but what about in a raid I mean I dont know all i've tanked is kara gruul and mag, but seems like on a long boss battle, that initial aggro is obviously nice, but in the long run would sancitty be better?

Again I haven't even looked at what all I'd be giving up in the prot tree for that. So dont be like OMFG you noob Very Happy.
Lore
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:05 am
Avenger's Shield is a pretty big benefit for us in 25-man encounters where something isn't tauntable (or at least not reliably tauntable) but needs to be picked up anyway, Leotheras for example.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Vinsent
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:15 pm
Right, if you somehow managed to get 102.5% avoidance with HS up and wer at say 350 def you cannot be crit.

The reason the avoidance means you cant be crushed is it pushes it off the table, crits are on the table too, and get pushed off first.

However there are times (knockdowns, stuns etc) where you cant block, where if you didnt have 490 def you can be crit. (or hit in the back, etc)

Crits hurt much much worse than crushes, so I dont know why you would ever gear yourself that way, but if you cannot be crushed you cannot be crit.
Lore
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:48 pm
You could level to 70 without ever taking one point of damage, have 1 defense, and if you had enough dodge/parry/block on your gear you'd be uncrittable with Holy Shield.

The issue is more that if we can become uncrittable no matter what, without having to rely on Holy Shield, why would we? Defense isn't particularly scarce, and it does still give a healthy amount of avoidance. Anticipation itself is worth 3.2 dodge/block/parry/miss, and although it's definitely not Deflection, that's still a fairly decent amount.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Vanifae
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:22 pm
What I was getting at you still need 490 defense to be a standard mainline tank.

By your wording then warriors don't need to get 490 defense because Sheild Black gives them 75% to block pushing everything off the table, and we know this is not the case.

As stated above Critical attacks are far more severe then crushing blows.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...