Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sooo... 2.3 Spec.

Cawrl
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:14 pm
At first I decided I really wanted Reckoning, but after a lot more reading I figured I should try without.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIh0dMGqtVsx0h

Our guild isn't big enough for 25 man raids, so Anticipation isn't needed to be maxed out. Any advice?
_________________
Gowron
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:23 pm
Protection (48 points)

5/5 Redoubt
3/3 Precision
5/5 Toughness
3/3 Improved Righteous Fury
3/3 Shield Specialization
5/5 Anticipation
2/2 Spell Warding
1/1 Blessing of Sanctuary
2/2 Sacred Duty
5/5 One-Handed Weapon Specialization
2/2 Improved Holy Shield
1/1 Holy Shield
5/5 Ardent Defender
5/5 Combat Expertise
1/1 Avenger's Shield

Retribution (13 points)

5/5 Benediction
5/5 Deflection
3/3 Pursuit of Justice


i.e. no kings, no reckoning, no imp.judgement
duvetdave
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:03 am
Pretty sure im going for this in 2.3:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/paladin/talents.html?0000000000000000000005305132500021121215510503530000000000000000

Thinking raid bosses now so 2/3 shield block and just 1 for reckoning as this is procs rarely due to mitigation and single targets.

Clearly Combat expertise kicks ass (extra 1.2k health, good times); as does Improved Seal of Crusader (3% crit on ALL attacks). But unless im reading this wrong Vindication is really really good; unless the proc rate has been changed its up damn near all the time and now with 15% off all stats, so that 15% off health..feel the pain!

Welcome feedback, interested to know your views.
Nicos
Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:40 am
I'm still finding my niche ... but definately keeping reckoning while I level.

Depends on where I go when I finally hit 70...
_________________

Korath
Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 am
Well I respecced last night, I went for the usual 0/49/12 spec, dropping Spell Warding and 3 points of reckoning to take +10% stam
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Restoration Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Affliction Warlock .::.
.::. Silfen 50 Beast Hunter .::.
kalbear
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:26 am
Tried a respec where I had 3 points in PoJ at the expense of reckoning. At least for grinding this became very, very bad of an idea. Reckoning may not be good in raiding but it's very good in grinding, and the speed boost wasn't noticeable enough to matter.

PoJ, i suspect, is a luxury that you can't afford with all the other talents. The other talents either do more to mitigate damage or do more to do more damage (or both).
GothicPL
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:59 pm
While I agree that loss of Reckoning makes AOE grinding a little slower (basically, less seal procs to regen mana), 3 points in PoJ have proven very useful to me in pretty much every instance after the respec.
1. Heroic Sethek - when fighting the last boss, it is much quicker now to run and hide from the arcane blast behind a pillar.
2. Shadow Labs - easier to kite the third boss from his voidwalkers while walking backwards north and south. Also, much easier to run out of Murmur's explosions - I always ended up catching one or two without the speed increase.
3. Kara - the Shade fight when you have to run to avoid the explosion again.

The increased chance to avoid a spell hit is a nice bonus, but the primary benefit of the talent is better run speed for movement fights.

Given the tradeoff, I'd much rather keep the talent that makes me a better tank than the one that lets me grind slightly faster in non life-threatening situations. In any case, I only grind Devourers in Terokkar Forest for spell dmg food buff these days, and for them I just have BoW/SoW up, this regens enough mana to keep Holy Shield up and throw an occasional Consecrate now and then.

I also level my mining in caves these days, which tends to make some extra money because of chests and better mob loot. 15% speed increase also makes for quicker cave clears.

Here is my spec (48/13):
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Garithos&n=Gothicman

The spec is mitigation and tanking oriented, but my threat is still very reliable.