Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking spec poll

Pizbit
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:58 pm
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0kMteIRGots0x

SotP doesn't look attractive compared to conviction(see threads lying around, post judge/seal nerfs)
Heart of Crusader over benediction as I primarily do 5mans, and even in 10s you can't rely on a ret pally.*
Can't see why anyone is still getting reckoning anymore, been trashed many times over here.
Probably move point from imp devo to imp HoJ at some point.



*except in my shamans guild, wtf so many rets.
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Kitaetia
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:57 am
My level 80 spec: 3/56/12

But also considering: 0/56/15

Just taking into consideration the things I've heard about Conviction>SotP and HotC>Benediction, TPS-wise (not that that's a big deal anymore), I'm just about sold on the idea that I should be going for those both for TPS and in case of a worst-case, no-ret situation.
The 2/2 Divine Guardian, 1/5 Reckoning setup is done both so that I can get a feel for the usefulness of DG (I usually run with an Unholy-tank DK for DPS, so if heals are bad I can bubble, get healed to full, and let him take a couple hits. Those hits at -30% damage sounds nice), and because it allows an extra 2 points to be freed up for PoJ as opposed to the alternative 5/5 BoK.

Edited to clarify.
Kup
Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 pm
Finally settled on 7/58/8
_________________
Bregor
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 am
I have been 7/58/6 until now (putting my last 2 points into unyielding faith for shorter fears). However, according to recount SoV dot + judgement make up about 15% of my damage. At 1100 dps (which is what I am currently doing), SotP should therefore account for about 21dps or 40TPS. So I am trying 0/58/13 now with pursuit of justice.
_________________
Bregor - Deathwing(EU) - 0/49/12
Architect
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 am
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoEo00b

I wont take Kings cause the holy paladins in our guild got it.

2/2 improved judgement cause I just got a new Libram. The emblem reward 1 that increases block vallue after a judgement. With 2/2 here I can keep a steady rotation up.

Judgement > Shield of the righteous > hammer of the righteous
and in between ofcourse holy shield and whatever other spells.
High threat guaranteed.

3/3 improved hammer of justice rocks imo. Spel interrupts ftw and you have those points to spend when you dont need kings.

2/2 Divine Guardian is nice for raidbosses who deal a massive AoE blow... for exemple Magtheridon who drops the roof. This wil help quite a bit in that kind of situations.

The 1 point left I've put in reckoning for a little bit extra threat. I could do it in stoicism or unyielding faith as well for a bit less stun etc.

Don't mind my bad English btw, I'm from Holland.
_________________
Server: Darkspear - EU
Guild: Nocturnia (A)
Architect
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:59 pm
Ah damn I fail at linking Razz

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZ0xVAfuRteIRGoVb

Hmm allright,

No I never heared of the 96969, Ill read it up. With AoE tanking I'm indeed putting consecration up before pulling and there the rotation will be different ofc. But with the new talents etc. we can maintank as well and there I like the judgement > shield of the righteous rotation alot. But I'll check that 96969 build and read some stuff up. Still I prolly wont take Kings tho.
_________________
Server: Darkspear - EU
Guild: Nocturnia (A)
CDnight
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:14 am
I am currently running with this
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=030000000000000000000000000050053503310251533312321532000002000000000000000000#none

But I will be changing to

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=030000000000000000000000000050053503310251533312321532000002000000000000000000#none

The last two points am still not sure where to put them.
Either I go with more damage with Vindication or Crusade
Or
PVP with Eye 4an Eye, or PoJ
Or More Mana saved with Benedition.

Any thought to this?