Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kings

Tuberon
Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 am
Let's try phrasing it in a new and different way *note, this is impossible*

When to use:

Kings: You may die.

Sanc: You may die because the raid leader comes to your house to stab you because you outgear the content and aren't taking enough damage for SA to keep your mana up.

Of course, then you get the fun stuff, my GL is a prot pally, I'm the #2 tank. We roll with kings AND sanc.
_________________
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
Kellern
Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am
Lets just do away with kings all together.

Blessing of Constitutional Government ftw!
_________________

Moonlight - Argent Dawn EU
Snake-Aes
Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am
I don't want to elect my buff!
_________________
Death Spacegoat and Spankadin in development.
Spreading the Holy Protection and the Diseases since 2008.
Mazater
Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:55 am
I'm not going to spec kings....about....ever, unless I go retri.

Since I'm selfish and arrogant bastard who doesn't care about the buffs for rest of the 24 people.

And I like my 7% additional crit. (10% incase I'm the only one applying the 3% crit buff on mobs)
_________________
DocJewl
Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 pm
People seem to be basing this as a fight:

Kings
vs.
Sanctuary

At which point Kings will win.
but,
That's not what the disscusion needs to cover. It's a fight between

Kings and unlikely Sanctuary
vs.
Sanctuary, 5 more talents, and very possibly kings

What are you missing out on from those 5 more talents?
Why haven't you, (or your raid leader) mandated someone get kings?

Right now as Prot I do not get kings. At level 70 I lose out on far too much other stuff. At 80 I may re-evaluate that, although I still don't think it should be the smain tanks job to have kings due to losing 5 talent points that may be spent elsewhere. For the main tank you can't afford to sacrifice that. It would be much better for one of the 6 healers to sacrifice a little crit, or one of the 15 dps to sacrfice a little damage in order to insure the main tank has both sanctuary and kings as well as 5 other talents.
Majiben
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01 pm
Pardon but please tell me what you are missing out on to get kings?


From the sound of your post you think your well being is paramount while other paladins should sacrafice known healing/dps talents so you can pick up nebulous talents that help you do what?
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
elfjorc
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 pm
I have Kings at 70 with no problems whatsoever. IDK why that's supposed to be too hard.
_________________
Majiben
Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:32 pm
Not buffing the physical dps with kings from the prot paladin instead of the holy/ret results in a huge net dps loss across the raid due to the lack of improved might.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC