Skip to content
Maintankadin

PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Strykker
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:16 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

So more accurately its ~1% dps/tps vs 7 stam and 7% run speed?

I love being able to run faster but I also love putting out higher numbers.

Can't decide which to trade off. :?
Mizak
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:17 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

I find PoJ to be invaluable on a PvP server.....whether it's chasing down the enemy or being able to outrun them. Also helps in BGs and WG.

As far as PvE content, I agree this debate has no definitive answer. I personally like the run speed, I get to mobs quicker, I don't have to be as exact with my timing on movements (like dodging void zones with KT for example). I never get hit by lava waves on Sarth, I never get hit by void zones, I never die doing the Safety Dance.....can this be done without runspeed? Absolutely. I just think my margin of safety is larger with the increased run speed.

For this I sacrifice 2% crit. IMO, it's worth it, because I haven't ever had issues with threat, and it's only a marginal increase in DPS, and let's face it, prot pallies are not even close to being a DPS class like DK tanks can sometimes be, so why even worry about it.
Grehn|Skipjack
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

PoJ increases the speed in which you can chain-pull mobs, thereby increasing DP uptime. +1 for PoJ.
Strykker
Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:34 am

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Mizak wrote:I find PoJ to be invaluable on a PvP server.....whether it's chasing down the enemy or being able to outrun them. Also helps in BGs and WG.

As far as PvE content, I agree this debate has no definitive answer. I personally like the run speed, I get to mobs quicker, I don't have to be as exact with my timing on movements (like dodging void zones with KT for example). I never get hit by lava waves on Sarth, I never get hit by void zones, I never die doing the Safety Dance.....can this be done without runspeed? Absolutely. I just think my margin of safety is larger with the increased run speed.

For this I sacrifice 2% crit. IMO, it's worth it, because I haven't ever had issues with threat, and it's only a marginal increase in DPS, and let's face it, prot pallies are not even close to being a DPS class like DK tanks can sometimes be, so why even worry about it.


Yup, dance can be done without run speed, even with ~500ms. It is lag spikes that kill people usually.
æ
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: PoJ / Tuskarr vs Conviction

Jasari wrote:Now lets have 5 pages of discussion, half of us can claim PoJ isn't needed and the other half can claim it's super beneficial on a ton of stuff and by the end we won't reach any consensus.

Jasari wrote:PoJ definitely is beneficial for 3D Sarth... I still don't spec for it. But it's inaccurate to say that it doesn't help on that encounter.


I c wat u did thar.