Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking spec poll

bluetit
Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:48 am
Each to their own I spose, but I'll probably be going with something like

05/56/10

I rarely use Kings when solo'ing and use either BoW or BoM which I find fine.

Like I say each to their own, having an 8% reduction in spell costs to me is more than 8% in stats, seeing as no doubt a Holy pallie will have Kings as their filler. I think.... Rolling Eyes
Kup
Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am
I'm rolling with this. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGogs00b

With the change in the way we tank now DISARM BLOWS!!! I'm not going to sacrifice a useful weapon enchant for a weapon chain, so 2/2 Pursuit of Justice is the next best thing.

I know outside of the prot tree and 6 in ret points are optional but I can't see how 0/58/6 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIRGoxo isn't the must have, not even questionable spec with the last 7 up in the air. Maybe it is and I missed it elsewhere
_________________
Majiben
Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:28 am
Weapon chain is a viable enchant now that the current one gives 28 hit (highest hit enchant for a weapon).
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Kup
Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 am
^^^

That is news to me, I may have to consider it!
_________________
Majiben
Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:43 am
It's soo prettyyy. Also you could probably buy them cheap from BS raising thier skill. 2 saronite bars and a titanium bar.
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Kup
Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:00 am
<----- about to be a blacksmith leveling... and engineer leveling... I just refuse to buy the ore from the AH so now I get to level my hunter.

I tell you what, leveling my Paladin first (as prot the whole way) spoiled me...

Pally = run in, aggro everything, kill everything, if it was more than 10 melee mobs, kill everything and come out health and mana capped.

All my other toons = "hey this is how my pally did this part..." = run back from the graveyard.
_________________
Drobent
Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:36 am
Paladin (5/61/5) - World Of Warcraft

Imo, this one is the best aggro builder ever seen.

Why not BoK? I think that Blessing is for healadins @raid, we have Cheating of Sanctuary. Now it's usefull for all tanking classes and even all the raid in AoE bosses, in which the most of the raid will recieve damage.

Reckoning means you have a 10% of havin' 4-hits-100%-crit adding that any of those hit may proc in a normal crit. With the improved Seal of Righteousness, which procs in every hit... Very helpfull at secondary tank.

imo.
Torquemada
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:03 pm
I'm running with 58/13. When/if they add the 11-pointer and it doesn't suck, I'll be rocking 59/12 with only 4 points in Benediction.
_________________
Egtheridon
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:16 pm
I think its kinda hard to justify taking seals of the pure over, persuit of justice. I've done heroics with guys hitting over 3k dps and they can't touch me on threat.The greater mobility, I actually think its the highest passive run speed bonus in the game and the decreased disarm time(you can't hammer of the rightiosness when disarmed), makes it more valuable to me then a slight threat increase.
_________________
Paladin/70/Rivendare
Spotnick
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:40 pm
I'm level 77, and to be honest, only thing I'm missing now is my speed from PoJ... which obviously I won't have since I don't have enough points left lol.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=000000000000000000000000001450053503310251533312321501100000000000000000000000

Is what I have now, I'll probably respec at 80 to fix a few things, no need to waste gold now.

I don't get why people would waste 2 points in Divine Guardian though... seems useless to me, since you will want to use your shield wall when tanking, and the spell interrupt of the hammer of justice is more important IMHO.

Nevermind my point in Heart of the Crusader, it was a way to go get Pursuit of Justice, I'll remove it when needed... I'll have to see where I will spend my other points in the other trees... unless I pick Reckoning.... which is always nice to see work, though I've not seen that in a while lol.
Drobent
Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm
IMO if you know where to run and when & where to Hammer, you do not need extra speed.

And unless you get dismantled you always would Shield @ 80. Don't really know if there's a boss that dismantles but I think that prolly that boss will be tauntable.
_________________