Skip to content
Maintankadin

Preferred Talent Build for 3.0

steadypal
Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 pm
pretty sure this will be my talent

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0kMteIkGoxo


with only 1/2 in guarded by the light, hey 4% was max spell warding so 3% is still good i suppose wish i could get 1/2 imp judgement and still max everything in the bottom half of the prot tree..
Ruex
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 am
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZahVA0uMtgIkRoxs

This is mainly to pick up pursuit of justice in the Ret Tree. This is specc'd for leveling, not raiding as I will be spending alot of time in 5 man content so I will want Kings as there are not many pallies in my circle of friends, same reason for heart of the crusader. And from the sounds of how fluid the fights are I want to extra mobility.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=scZahVA0uMteIRGots00b
This would be it Pre Raid. Raid specc'd I will be popping back here and seeing how everything has evolved by that point.
_________________
___________________________________
I hope the New Raid Bosses like take out: because Righteous Justice is on the Menu, and We Pali’s Deliver.
blueblood
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 am
What do you guys think about this build?

[0/58/13]

All about getting PoJ in retribution, but I'm missing out on Seals of the Pure.
Thought about maxing out Benediction instead of HotC and imp BoM, but somehow it felt like I would bring more group/10-man raid utility with those two instead.

Any thoughts?
Zoltar
Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:12 pm
What build would you suggest for someone that is going to be farming heroics predominantly once 3.0 hits and only possibly used for T5 content (on rare occasions when we are short tanks)?
Zoltar
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 pm
Thanks Stilgarr. I am not totally comfortable with dropping kings. As I said I will be running 5 man heroics much more than anything else and rarely used in T5 but I also run Kara weekly where I am the only Paladin. Is there anyway kings can be worked into the build you suggested? Thanks in advance.
Niia
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 pm
I think I may try out this spec Stilgarr, we are 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, able to do 1-night clears now in Hyjal, and up to Council on another night. We are looking at trying to get through SWP as much as possible before Wrath hits..seems this would be a good spec to jump in with.
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Niia
Sybexia
Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:32 pm

12/54/5

The lvl 80 spec I am thinking about:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVVbZ0xVAcuMteIRhox

I am not sure why everyone is putting 2 points in Judgements of the Just because with Sanctuary up I want to dodge, block, parry as many attacks as possible to keep the mana flowing. Why slow the mob down by 20%? I like Pursuit of Justice but without the damage reduction, I don't see the point of putting 12 points in the ret tree. A simple enchant can give you the speed increase. I can live with the 10 second rotation on judgements unless i find that extra second is the difference between life and death. I put points in the holy tree because I want more threat produced from the seals i use most, I absolutely hate being feared and I figure the 15% extra mana will wash out with the reduced spell cost of benediction since I am skipping it.

Am I crazy??
Inscrutiable
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:26 am
This may seem like a stupid question, but I've noticed a number of people not taking Shield of the Templar, is there a particular reason for that?

It seems good to get a 30% increase in some two of your highest threat gen abilities, but maybe it's just that I'm unaware of something.

Also, is there an occasion when Kings is better than sanct? The new Sanctuary seems too good NOT to use.
Worldie
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 am
It was because most posts are old, and Shield of the Templar in his current form is kinda useless until you get Shield of Righteousness at 75.

When the 3% damage reduction gets integrated in ShotT, then it's going to probably be must have at 70 as well.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club