Skip to content
Maintankadin

I am Holyret

Sarutankah
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:30 pm
Lol I don't know what happened to the link but certainly I am using http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Frostmourne&n=Sarutankah

I have no idea what happened to that first one Surprised


Forgive my obvious muck up lol. I will change the link Very Happy

I only grab 5 points in prot as I am still questing in my ret gear with sword and board, will probably migrate them to wither kings for 5 mans or the extra crit as highlighted by Majiben.

After some quick maths a Holy pally would need around 2400 int to have equal heals per cast, 15% haste is a non issue as with an extra raid buffed 500-700 spellpower available a ret/holy paladin can stack crit/haste for days and still have same single target throughput, raid heals are for the aoe classes - why not make the best single target healer you can?
_________________
Levantine
Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:03 am
You can debate with us all you like, Saru, but at this point you haven't brought up anything that's ever going to convince most of us. Worldie is a terribad healer at the best of times, and wouldn't gimp himself even further by missing out on the haste and BoL. I'm at the very least a decent healer, and I won't gimp myself by not taking BoL, considering it's the only thing close to decent multi target healing Paladins have. Coming from my Priest, that's going to be the thing I miss most.
_________________

Rinforce | Rinforze
Panzerdin
Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:41 am
I have a healing priest, and I would never heal on anything else. Paladin with no BoL must be like having nails hammered in your head.
Sarutankah
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 am
So far I've done all the heroics except occulus and at my gear level I HAD to have beacon, Violet hold and Utgarde Keep are the only ones that you can just muddle through.


But yeah - it's a spec I like because of the big numbers Rolling Eyes and when I have enough gear to make it work I will probably be back to tanking Laughing


I've only just started running with the same guildies and getting to know the fights but we are all very average geared.

H HoL isn't so bad as long as no1 aoe's the stupid slags and they all die at same time Shocked
_________________
Sarutankah
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 pm
Went 10m Naxx last night for the first time and got through first couple bosses in spider wing. Found that Bacon was a waste of mana when we had a druid and priest as well (yeah 3 heals because we are all pretty new).

So will go back to holy/ret for 10/25 mans, the bigger heals are just required when you have new tanks.
_________________