Skip to content
Maintankadin

Preferred Talent Build for 3.0

Apollya
Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 am
Thanks Snake-Aes for the response, very useful and show's me a few places I need to re-spec slightly in. I've updated my Original Post to reflect your changes and advise as I feel they're useful for others to see. And better ro change the original post rather than have others read it then read other information and get confused.

One thing though, Shield of the templar - On the Blizzard talent calculator this does not reflect any reduced damage, is it just a tooltip error that they need to fix on their calculator? I also checked the MMO-Champions one which does show the dmg reduction and makes it a far more attractive talent.
Senador
Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:21 am
The Shield of the Templar change goes in during the next patch; likely next Tuesday as they said it should be out during the Halloween event.
Averroes
Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:37 pm
So theres this Shaman in my guild who uses this build on his Paladin as I linked here.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZacqAbzMttIRGoxb

So im just wondering what you guys think about this build? Also he uses the Illidan healing mace for tanking lol.
_________________
Venoseth
Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:33 am
The spec you linked had a lot of "flaws" from a MT situation, and considering you said Illidan, I'm going to assume this is Raid-oriented. He has some PvP talents and is missing some obvious ones like Divine Strength (for BV) and has 2/2 imp. Judgement before maxing out redoubt. Send him to the forum if he wants some good talent information. ^^
_________________
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Majiben
Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:28 pm
With the change to SotT I will be going with This spec over my current spec
_________________
Majiben
If we wanted Ret to be a joke, we would have just left the tree as it was, and maybe kicked it a little for good measure. -GC
Valerius
Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01 pm
I was thinking of this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0uMteIoGox

Pretty much the same as Maj's except that I only took 4/5 in AD. I know that can be very important but I was wondering if losing the point in Imp. Judgments would seriously effect threat generation.

I suppose it's not as important until 75 when we get the Shield and are able to do the full 9696 rotation but with the nerf to judgments in general I wouldn't want to gimp myself in terms of threat? Am I nuts?
Apollya
Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:37 am
Well new patch and now SotT has been revamped!

I'm considering speccing like so:

keeping Argent defender and dropping Imp Judgements, Well judgements have been nerfed and I know 1/2 was to get a perfect rotation but i think with 10sec cooldown rotaion will work fine anyways till level 71.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin=500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001450053500310251533310321

Either way it seems to me to skip Guarded by The Light until later on, anyone tested this spec out yet that can comment on mana-conservation using it. To me Tanking in BT / MH / SP seems absolutely fine as long as I have Sanctuary on, which I do 100% of the time so I can't see a serious issue in them costing a little more mana till later on.

I did consider dropping to 4/5 Argent Defender as many others did and keeping 1/2 improved Judgements but with the judgement nerf I decided possibly the extra leway on healers might be better than a small amount extra threat.
phoenix
Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 am
Guess i will be

Skipping imp judgements for now

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxVA0kMteIRGox

as said in a other threath Not going to skip something that keeps me alive/lets me take less dmg, so ill be dropping imp dev aura as much as as posible, not giving up kings as it is still usefull in ZA runs, or if others don't have it.

Indeed the use for me if im the only one speccing it is limited, but others depend on it/love it
_________________
The compassion to pursue good, the will to uphold law, and the power to defeat evil.
[url='http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=gnöff'][/url]
Dianora
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:38 pm

5/60/6

5/60/6. Throw 2 point into Divine Guardian because I ran out of things to put in. I also got tired of pug asking for Kings.
_________________