Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3: 0/46/15

Jhaerith
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:31 am
I'm probably sticking with 0/49/12, substituting Expertise for Reckoning -- the new cookie cutter pally tank build, I guess. I'd love to grab Pursuit of Justice but that's unlikely. I just can't see where I'd pick up the extra 3 Talent Points needed to do so.
_________________
Tauxalot
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:55 am
When you go into ZA and you are the only Paladin...you miss having Kings.
_________________
BEWBZ or GTFO
kalbear
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:33 pm
BoK is a defining skill for paladins. It's a point. If you're going to sacrifice a point, sacrifice it from ardent defender or 1hws or even anticipation.
Gerilith
Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:52 am
Opener's build with 3/3 precision instead of BoK and Spell Warding works just fine for me.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Rooke
Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:53 am
I've been http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZxhthx0dMgqtVbx0h

For a long time, subsituting in Reckoning pre-2.3.

I don't really see a real reason to push 49 points into protection and at our current content level and player ability, the times I lose HolyShield are so unlikely to kill me I picked up iDevotion over redoubt.
_________________
Dorvan
Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 am
It's not about Redoubt, it's Shield Spec. I don't know where you are in progression...but if you're ever AoE tanking stuff, Shield Spec is a must-have.
_________________
Rooke
Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:09 am
This is true. However -3% spell hit on you is as situational (as far as I can see) as 30% more block on shield (Also there's the added bonus of more armour for me and my party).

I've also learnt not to sniff at +movement speed when tanking things like Al'ar's embers if I'm unlucky enough to get a flame patch under me or healers pull aggro from fresh embers and they're across the other side of the room.

To each their own with things like that I guess.
_________________
Dorvan
Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:13 am
No, Shield Spec is much less situational. Every single mob you tank, Shield Spec is helping you mitigate. AoE tanking also isn't a situational thing for us, it's a core tanking feature. At least for serious raid builds, Shied Spec is an absolute must have. Even in 5 man content it's very useful as you generally just AoE everything down there. If you want PoJ, drop points from:

Precision
Spell Warding
BoK
Imp Judgment
_________________
Neuron
Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:05 pm
i have decided, and so what i decide is final, that +movement speed is an anti-kiting talent designed to assist ret paladins in pvp. the spell miss is to assist paladins against casters in pvp. sadly, this talent is easily confused as a tanking talent by up and coming tankadins.

that is all.


NEURON'S WORD IS LAW!
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.